• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aren't they? They on my watch list.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

emptym

Reaction score
A couple months ago, I ordered a ps for myself and a tie as a test for possible groomsmen ties. The tie and ps are of finest quality in material and make. And David was kind enough to send several swatches I had requested. I'm about to order the groomsmen ties, and I might slip in a tie for myself.

Rush

Reaction score
I just received my first order of ties and squares from David. Wow! He is fantastic to work with. I ordered a dark navy grenadine which I specified as un-tipped, 4-fold, and hand rolled. I have two Kent Wang grenadine ties and while I would recommend the them to anyone, the Hober is a step above. I also ordered a standard red cashmere tie which is beautiful in its own right.

During the ordering process David learned that a portion of my order was destined to be in my upcoming wedding in October. Upon learning of my upcoming wedding he automatically upgraded my order to Express and also threw in a pocket square, both at no charge. His service has been consistently above and beyond and I will continue ordering from him and recommending his services any chance I get.

Now on to the photos!

fvROe.jpg

XvGqb.jpg

Dl37I.jpg

cDSt0.jpg

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just received my first order of ties and squares from David. Wow! He is fantastic to work with. I ordered a dark navy grenadine which I specified as un-tipped, 4-fold, and hand rolled. I have two Kent Wang grenadine ties and while I would recommend the them to anyone, the Hober is a step above. I also ordered a standard red cashmere tie which is beautiful in its own right.

During the ordering process David learned that a portion of my order was destined to be in my upcoming wedding in October. Upon learning of my upcoming wedding he automatically upgraded my order to Express and also threw in a pocket square, both at no charge. His service has been consistently above and beyond and I will continue ordering from him and recommending his services any chance I get.

Now on to the photos!

fvROe.jpg

XvGqb.jpg

Dl37I.jpg

cDSt0.jpg

Beautiful ties and PS Brandon...Congrats on the upcoming nuptials!! I've been wondering how the Wang and Hober grenadine ties compared...also, what does it mean when a tie is "untipped"? I'm about to order a couple of the grenadine ties and want to make sure that I have all the information before doing so.

Also, is one the PS brown with white dots? Also, are the PS's hand rolled edges?

Many thanks

Last edited:

Rush

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words. Yes, one of the squares pictured is the brown with white dots and they also all have hand-rolled edges.

An unlined tip is one of the options that David gives you in customizing your ties. Due to the loose weave inherent of grenadine fabric you can actually see through the tie since there is no lining. Some people like this option, some don't. After seeing this one in person, I personally do.

Sam Hober unlined tip.(If you look close at the tip, you can see some of the light shining through.)
qRMCF.jpg

Kent Wang lined tip.
DYA3n.jpg

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the kind words. Yes, one of the squares pictured is the brown with white dots and they also all have hand-rolled edges.

An unlined tip is one of the options that David gives you in customizing your ties. Due to the loose weave inherent of grenadine fabric you can actually see through the tie since there is no lining. Some people like this option, some don't. After seeing this one in person, I personally do.

Sam Hober unlined tip.(If you look close at the tip, you can see some of the light shining through.)
qRMCF.jpg

Kent Wang lined tip.
DYA3n.jpg

Thanks Brandon!!

I'm not sure how I feel about being able to see through the tie...I like the look but it seems as though the tie needs the lining to give it some weight to hang properly?

I'm extremely impressed by the rolled edges of the pocket squares.

Last edited:

mlongano

Reaction score
To the top...

..come on everyone, we need MORE PICTURES!!!

mlongano

Reaction score
Beautiful ties David...i just ordered two of the printed challis specimens!!

When will the solid challis be available?

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Now on to the photos!

Dl37I.jpg

What type of silk are these pocket squares? Thanks

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
the word that comes to mind when i see Sam Hober stuff is perfection. the range/variety of ties they have available is endless and look at the hand rolled edges on those pocket squares posted above, i dont even think a machine could do it that well. fantastic stuff.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads