• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Mr. Six, great ties! And I agree that the english plaid #9 is not shiny (I posted a pic of it in action a few days ago, post #2220).

Thanks! I saw your photo, it looked great. I just figured that as long as I was taking photos I'd add one more for the curious.

@ Mr. Six: lovely ties. I have 121 as well. My favorite burgundy tie. As for the carbon black, what does that description mean? Is it a duller black just south of charcoal maybe? Or the opposite; super clean black?

Your photo of #121 helped me decide to pull the trigger. Thanks for posting it! "Carbon Black" is how it's described on David's site. So far, it just looks like a clean black to me, but I'll take a look in some different light. It's pretty matte, which might be part of the source of the "carbon" description.

pinkpanther

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just figured that as long as I was taking photos I'd add one more for the curious.

Absolutely, the more pictures in this thread the better!
fistbump.gif

zeero3

Reaction score

Must be new Hober day. New arrivals: Macclesfield #121, Carbon Black grenadine piccolo, and Royal Fusiliers Regimental #3. If you're looking for a burgundy tie, check out Macclesfield #121. And the red in the regimental is more wine colored than I was able to capture.

So that's where the last regimental #3 went eh? Had to change my order, but I actually found another that I'm hoping I will like just as much, if not more. The #3 looks good....

pinkpanther

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not wearing a Hober today.
shog[1].gif

But I did get an email from David informing me that my latest order is on it's way!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:( but also :bounce2:

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Must be new Hober day. New arrivals: Macclesfield #121, Carbon Black grenadine piccolo, and Royal Fusiliers Regimental #3. If you're looking for a burgundy tie, check out Macclesfield #121. And the red in the regimental is more wine colored than I was able to capture.

So that's where the last regimental #3 went eh? Had to change my order, but I actually found another that I'm hoping I will like just as much, if not more. The #3 looks good....

Thanks! And sorry (but only sort of :)). No doubt the alternative will also be nice.

Last edited:

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just made it into the office to greet the two new additions to the family:

Last edited:

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

shog%5B1%5D.gif

But I did get an email from David informing me that my latest order is on it's way! 
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

Got one of those emails a few days ago, but standard shipping makes for rough wait times.

Flyswatter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

shog%5B1%5D.gif

icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

Got one of those emails a few days ago, but standard shipping makes for rough wait times.

Got the email early this morning. DHL shipping. :tounge:

On another note, I'm getting excited for the new striped grenadines and restocks!

driving glove

Reaction score
Just received my plum Sangdao Thai rough silk tie (no.9) and think it is , by far, my most versatile casual tie. Goes with my navy, dark blue, brown, gold, and grey odd jackets. Interesting texture, like a grenadine, but snag- resistant. That, and my Hober navy twill are the two most useful ties in my closet.

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just received my plum Sangdao Thai rough silk tie (no.9) and think it is , by far, my most versatile casual tie. Goes with my navy, dark blue, brown, gold, and grey odd jackets. Interesting texture, like a grenadine, but snag- resistant. That, and my Hober navy twill are the two most useful ties in my closet.

Awesome. That's on my list for my next order.

Kyon

Reaction score

As somebody who has thought about purchasing something from Hober, I think this would be a good place to start. You wear it well!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
same tie as last time, totally different application. this tie is amazing. imho that is.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads