A&S

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Manton, Oct 30, 2009.

1. mafoofan

mafoofan THE FOO Dubiously Honored

Stop making general-isms.
    First of all, that was half in jest. Second, that you understand it to be a generalized statement should show that it is harmless. Anyway, you only seem to have a problem with me saying such things.

2. George

George Senior member

First of all, that was half in jest. Second, that you understand it to be a generalized statement should show that it is harmless. Anyway, you only seem to have a problem with me saying such things.
    [​IMG]

3. aportnoy

aportnoy Senior member Dubiously Honored

This thread has made me realize that in order to be getting my full money's worth from my tailor I need to follow these 5 easy steps:

1) Engage him in hours of endless chatter about the origins and machinations of SR tailoring and how that should be reflected in my dress
    2) Send my coats back to him regularly to be updated with a new-fangled pocket, swelled edge or button roll etc. as stay ahead of the Igent curve
    3) Have the waists of my coats let in and out at least 6x per year (we can call this the Winchester for any M*A*S*H fans out there)
    4) Post photographs of said alterations/modifications on SF to be ridiculed
    5) Argue endlessly about back balance and sleeve pitch

Who knew getting dressed could be this much fun?

4. George

George Senior member

[​IMG] Mmm...The problem with the mark II version isn't the amount of waist suppression it's that it's quite abrupt, it looks like someone has pulled a drawstring. It needs to be a slow, smooth curve, which is much more pleasing to the eye. IMNSHO

5. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

This thread has made me realize that in order to be getting my full money's worth from my tailor I need to follow these 5 easy steps:

1) Engage him in hours of endless chatter about the origins and machinations of SR tailoring and how that should be reflected in my dress
    2) Send my coats back to him regularly to be updated with a new-fangled pocket, swelled edge or button roll etc. as stay ahead of the Igent curve
    3) Have the waists of my coats let in and out at least 6x per year (we can call this the Winchester for any M*A*S*H fans out there)

It helps if you buy your tailor good booze.

- B

6. lefty

lefty Senior member

2a) Ask for extra tissue when he ships it back.

lefty

7. aportnoy

It helps if you buy your tailor good booze.

- B

I was thinking something more along the lines of ether.

8. Panzeraxe II

Panzeraxe II Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

9. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Yep - also please send all your gemmed shoes back for a proper restructuring. All of them

10. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

2a) Ask for extra tissue when he ships it back.

lefty

That helps with the weeping, and if you aren't pecunious, the wiping.

- B

11. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

Somebody better watch out. A ball might be thrust into an unsuspecting mouth.

12. aportnoy

Somebody better watch out. A ball might be thrust into an unsuspecting mouth.

Ain't that the truth?

13. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

I was thinking something more along the lines of ether.

When you hear snoring from Despos, it means that the dosage is correct.

Mind the kicking, though, at initial administration.

- B

14. mafoofan

mafoofan THE FOO Dubiously Honored

This thread has made me realize that in order to be getting my full money's worth from my tailor I need to follow these 5 easy steps: 1) Engage him in hours of endless chatter about the origins and machinations of SR tailoring and how that should be reflected in my dress 2) Send my coats back to him regularly to be updated with a new-fangled pocket, swelled edge or button roll etc. as stay ahead of the Igent curve 3) Have the waists of my coats let in and out at least 6x per year (we can call this the Winchester for any M*A*S*H fans out there) 4) Post photographs of said alterations/modifications on SF to be ridiculed 5) Argue endlessly about back balance and sleeve pitch Who knew getting dressed could be this much fun?
    Touche. I would be happiest working with most of the tailors mentioned on SF if they simply me something according to their most enlightened and sophisticated standards. What I don't want is a tailor to size me up, and unbeknownst to me, dumb things down. I don't want to walk out of Chan with a bland office worker suit, and I don't want to walk out of a Savile Row shop with a suit that's been "Americanized."

15. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

You forgot sending back your coats to have them converted from one-button to 3.