• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Rare Opportunity - Experts Available in Person

Alexander Kabbaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recent attempts on my part to verbally explain . . . - - - the differences between single- and double-needle stitching - - - why proper shirt tail stitching is stronger and superior to the use of gussets on a 'cheater' hem - - - why certain twill weaves make proper dress shirts whereas heavier ones do not - - - how to differentiate between M.O.P. and plastic buttons - - - and thousands upon thousands of words on other subjects, all of which could be physically demonstrated in mere seconds . . . convinced me that the forum needed a supplement. Toward that end, a group of we members of the various sartorial trades discussed the situation and decided that such a supplement was possible. And so was born the concept behind "A Collection of Sartorial Excellence". A two-day exposition with experts available to not only answer your questions, but to actually show you the answers. In attendance will be Alexander Kabbaz - Bespoke Shirts & Furnishings, Carlo Franco's Chuck Franke - Ties, Shirts, and R-T-W, Vass Shoes' Gabor Halmos - Hand-made Shoes, and Savile Row's Darren Beaman - Bespoke Tailoring. Our Special Guest for the entire exposition will be A.A.A.C's Andy Gilchrist. "A Collection of Sartorial Excellence", our first exposition, will be held March 4th and 5th at New York City's famous Regency Hotel on Park Avenue. As all of us will also be meeting with our clients at various times, admission is limited and is by invitation, a quantity of which have been reserved for members of A.A.A.C. and the Style Forum. Further details appear below as does a link you can click to receive an invitation until our supply is exhausted. Should you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail me using the e-mail button.
Invite_NYC_Show_March2005.gif
Click Here to Request an Invitation to Sartorial Excellence .

Roy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That sounds like something I'd definitely want to see. What a pity that it is so far away
sad.gif

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Take this show on the road, man.  As soon as you set up in Frankfurt, I'm there.

In all seriousness, it's great to see you guys put this together, thanks to everyone involved.  I know it's been said before, but both forums benefit greatly from your involvement; this event takes that to another level.

Tom

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
should someone invite thomas mahon?

Alexander Kabbaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great Idea. Took care of it right away. Thanks, RJ Man.
InviteToMahon.jpg
Oops. How embarrassing, RJ. How 'bout ... given my alacritious positiveness over your super idea I was too gleeful to be acrimonious?

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
hm.  alacrity means glee or positiveness.  You must mean acrimony.  Otherwise, very high-class to invite him.  I volunteer to restrain Darren.

PS: Finally, someone who writes fora instead of forums. You've warmed this law-talking-guy's heart Alex.

jekv12

Reaction score
Thomas Mahon? Help me out here. I believe he and Edwin DeBoise founded Steed a number of years ago, and recently Edwin bought out Thomas. What is Thomas up to these days?

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thomas Mahon? Help me out here. I believe he and Edwin DeBoise founded Steed a number of years ago, and recently Edwin bought out Thomas. What is Thomas up to these days?
http://englishcut.com/

TimelessRider

Reaction score
Sounds like a lot of fun. Just don't make fun of my RTW clothes.
cry.gif

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Sounds like a lot of fun. Just don't make fun of my RTW clothes.
cry.gif
Oh, but ridicule is the price of admission.
devil.gif
Edited to correct atrocious grammar.

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(TimelessRider @ Feb. 06 2005,17:51) Sounds like a lot of fun. Â Just don't make fun of my RTW clothes. Â
cry.gif

Oh, but ridicule the the price of admission. Â
devil.gif

The mud's on you if you mistake bespoke for ready-to-wear.
tounge.gif

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Everyone have fun up there.

Don't forget to take pictures.

(If someone gets riotously drunk, take video.)

Alexander Kabbaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A couple of quick notes: Yes ... we've discussed the idea of 'taking it on the road', and thanks for asking. It is a distinct possibility for the future ... after we see how the first one goes. Especially now that tiger02 has offered us four round-trip tickets to Frankfurt. Thanks, tiger.
biggrin.gif
And for those who have wondered - we purposely did not ask your Membername on the invitation request form so as to preserve the anonyminity afforded by the forum.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads