A Rare Opportunity - Experts Available in Person

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Alexander Kabbaz, Feb 6, 2005.

1. Alexander Kabbaz

Alexander Kabbaz Senior member

Recent attempts on my part to verbally explain . . . - - - the differences between single- and double-needle stitching - - - why proper shirt tail stitching is stronger and superior to the use of gussets on a 'cheater' hem - - - why certain twill weaves make proper dress shirts whereas heavier ones do not - - - how to differentiate between M.O.P. and plastic buttons - - - and thousands upon thousands of words on other subjects, all of which could be physically demonstrated in mere seconds . . . convinced me that the forum needed a supplement. Toward that end, a group of we members of the various sartorial trades discussed the situation and decided that such a supplement was possible. And so was born the concept behind "A Collection of Sartorial Excellence". A two-day exposition with experts available to not only answer your questions, but to actually show you the answers. In attendance will be Alexander Kabbaz - Bespoke Shirts & Furnishings, Carlo Franco's Chuck Franke - Ties, Shirts, and R-T-W, Vass Shoes' Gabor Halmos - Hand-made Shoes, and Savile Row's Darren Beaman - Bespoke Tailoring. Our Special Guest for the entire exposition will be A.A.A.C's Andy Gilchrist. "A Collection of Sartorial Excellence", our first exposition, will be held March 4th and 5th at New York City's famous Regency Hotel on Park Avenue. As all of us will also be meeting with our clients at various times, admission is limited and is by invitation, a quantity of which have been reserved for members of A.A.A.C. and the Style Forum. Further details appear below as does a link you can click to receive an invitation until our supply is exhausted. Should you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail me using the e-mail button. [​IMG] Click Here to Request an Invitation to Sartorial Excellence .

2. Roy

Roy Senior member

That sounds like something I'd definitely want to see. What a pity that it is so far away [​IMG]

3. tiger02

tiger02 Militarist

Take this show on the road, man.  As soon as you set up in Frankfurt, I'm there.

In all seriousness, it's great to see you guys put this together, thanks to everyone involved.  I know it's been said before, but both forums benefit greatly from your involvement; this event takes that to another level.

Tom

4. RJman

RJman Posse Member Dubiously Honored

should someone invite thomas mahon?

5. Alexander Kabbaz

Great Idea. Took care of it right away. Thanks, RJ Man. [​IMG] Oops. How embarrassing, RJ. How 'bout ... given my alacritious positiveness over your super idea I was too gleeful to be acrimonious?

6. RJman

RJman Posse Member Dubiously Honored

hm.  alacrity means glee or positiveness.  You must mean acrimony.  Otherwise, very high-class to invite him.  I volunteer to restrain Darren.

PS: Finally, someone who writes fora instead of forums. You've warmed this law-talking-guy's heart Alex.

7. jekv12

jekv12 Senior member

Thomas Mahon? Help me out here. I believe he and Edwin DeBoise founded Steed a number of years ago, and recently Edwin bought out Thomas. What is Thomas up to these days?

8. jcusey

jcusey Senior member Dubiously Honored

http://englishcut.com/

9. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Ah, if only in San Francisco.

10. TimelessRider

TimelessRider Senior member

Sounds like a lot of fun. Just don't make fun of my RTW clothes. [​IMG]

11. jcusey

jcusey Senior member Dubiously Honored

Oh, but ridicule is the price of admission. [​IMG] Edited to correct atrocious grammar.

12. johnapril

johnapril Senior member

(TimelessRider @ Feb. 06 2005,17:51) Sounds like a lot of fun. Â Just don't make fun of my RTW clothes. Â [​IMG]
    Oh, but ridicule the the price of admission. Â [​IMG]
    The mud's on you if you mistake bespoke for ready-to-wear. [​IMG]

13. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Trip to Palm Beach / Miami in the foreseeable future?

Jon.

14. Nick M

Nick M Senior member

Everyone have fun up there.

Don't forget to take pictures.

(If someone gets riotously drunk, take video.)

15. Alexander Kabbaz

A couple of quick notes: Yes ... we've discussed the idea of 'taking it on the road', and thanks for asking. It is a distinct possibility for the future ... after we see how the first one goes. Especially now that tiger02 has offered us four round-trip tickets to Frankfurt. Thanks, tiger. [​IMG] And for those who have wondered - we purposely did not ask your Membername on the invitation request form so as to preserve the anonyminity afforded by the forum.