• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A quick question about a blazer I puchased

indieprep

Reaction score
Well, I just puchased a khaki casual blazer, little structured and with patch pockets andelbow pads.
The material is not suit like, as it is casual, but can be worn with slacks.
I'd like to know what does match it apart from jeans and white slacks...

kaws&effect

Reaction score
heres some advice...

go with what you know.

dont ask other people for advice on what to wear...

be original, thats style.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
that is honestly one of the dumbest posts i have ever seen. what do you think this whole forum is about? as for the op, you should probably take a look at either the Men's Clothing Forum's or this one's what are you wearing today thread thatt is pinned on top. just keep reading until you find people with similar blazers or just use the search button.

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you're not afraid of the aging "professor look," try some slim cords. Chinos would also work well.

TrailofTears

Reaction score
Generally, threads started with "a quick question" would go in the quick question thread. Also, you should put a pic up in either the WAYWT thread or the Recent Purchases thread and ask that exact question. You will get better feedback there and especially if you have a pic for reference. Good luck.

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm with Kaws. Some things you got to find out your self. I could say red, green or dark blue cords. But a better answer would be: Do YOU think it would go well with red, green or dark blue cords?

I would vote against kakhi chino's but more helpful would be: Do YOU think I should vote against kakhi chino's and does this mean YOU shouldn't wear kakhi chino's with your kakhi jacket because YOU think this makes YOUR combo look like a mismatched suit?

Well, do YOU?

PS I know Antihero didn't specify kakhi with the chino's. Do YOU think without this PS I would have rubbed him the wrong way and if so what is the right way?

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
eh.gif

I don't know, do YOU?

Granted, I didn't specify the color of chinos, but I assumed khaki would be off limits.

And to be honest, I don't need to be rubbed the right way. Don't worry about the PS so much.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads