• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A question no one has been able to answer

dhinggok

Reaction score
Who does Donald Trump use as a shirtmaker? I am going up to New York and I would like to see the guy if I can find out who it is. Also, it is not Brioni.

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not to be a jerk, but Donald Trump is not someone I would ever emulate in terms of clothing/style.

koji

dhinggok

Reaction score
Still no answers? While I recognize that Donald Trump is not the most stylish man, for another businessman in a conservative atmosphere, he does have his positives.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
What we need is to get a Style Forum regular on the Apprentice. That way, when The Donald leans forward and says "You're fired", our trusty man inside can peek down the back of his neck and see what brand of shirt he is wearing Â
biggrin.gif

christian

Reaction score
Actually, just by the fit of his suit, we know that he doesn't get custom made suits. Probably too busy, and doesn't care for it. If this is true, then I don't think he would get custom shirts either using the same logic.

As a style icon, I don't know what's wrong with him. Is it just me, but it seems he popularized the pink tie look. Before him, I really hadn't seen too many other people try to pull this off. And, I don't know why everybody hates the hair. Nothing wrong with it.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
PM or e-mail Alex if you like. He's a member here. Makes a damn good shirt I might add.

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What we need is to get a Style Forum regular on the Apprentice. That way, when Trump leans forward and says "You're fired", our trusty man inside can peek down the back of his neck and see what brand of shirt he is wearing Â
biggrin.gif
HAHA. I would guess that either Kabbaz or Burini is his shirtmaker, though. koji

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As a style icon, I don't know what's wrong with him. Is it just me, but it seems he popularized the pink tie look. Before him, I really hadn't seen too many other people try to pull this off. And, I don't know why everybody hates the hair. Nothing wrong with it.

You're kidding, right? The man is a running joke... has been since the 80's.

Frank123

Reaction score
On his radio segment he stated the importance of dressing nice, he then stated he is starting his own line of suits. He says it is going to be beautiful. I laughed to myself. What would be his market segment? I think he would have to go low to mid level. If you wanted to get a good suit would you want it to have Trumps name on it? Very tacky.

vero_group

Reaction score
I'm not a pink tie kinda guy, but I guess it works for Trump.

I'd love to have lunch with Trump's bookkeeper someday. Looking at his past bankruptcies and his exorbitant high debt levels, I sometimes wonder if he is truly even a billionaire. Though I guess Forbes magazine would have sussed that out already. I think they say his net worth is over $2 billion. Still, I think he must juggle more things around in a given day than a circus juggler.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There is a big difference between Trump's company and his real estate holdings, Last time I checked I think Trump owned manytens of millions of square feet in NYC.

christian

Reaction score
I do think he has been a style icon. I define a style icon as somebody who has influenced the way we dress. And, like I said, I never saw anybody really wear a pink tie before him. Once America saw this on TV every week, they accepted it and then you started to see more people wear one as well.

As for Trump's comeback, I think a lot of it had to do with two things:

He owed too much to the banks. Because he owed so much, he was too big to fail. The banks had to accomodate him, so that he would be able to pay back some of the money he owed. I think he was able to refinance, et...

And, the real estate value in NYC just skyrocketed in the 90s. Trump's a braggart if he claims he knew this was going to happen. I don't think anybody really saw this happening.

Alexander Kabbaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Please don't blame those disastrous rags on me. I haven't made a shirt for him in more than 20 years - back when he had good hair days.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads