• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A question for all the Rick Owens pros in the house.

Brooklands

Reaction score
Normally I just read your threads but now I'm in need of some advice.

Soooo heres my deal. I just picked up this seasons RO Globa Bomber in pearl. I convinced myself I wanted it when, what I really wanted was an Intarsia (genius, I know...). Now an Intarsia in the color I want has popped up. So heres my question- I'm typically a 40 chest, the globa is an XL, it fits me well, although it might be considered a little roomy, I know some folks like their RO to fit super snug. The Intarsia is a Large, and I was wondering if A. you guys think it'll even fit, and B. Do we think I should sell the Globa, take the hit, and pick up the Intarsia.

a pre-thanks for not just slaying me for being an idiot.

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sell the Globa at a huge loss and quickly kop the the Intarsia.
smile.gif
Is it the oiled calf Intarsia? *edit Sell the Globa and save your cash & grab a Sissy P leather

TintoTerra

Reaction score
I think you really want the one you have, and should pm me the details of where you saw the Intarsia. I will kop and save you the trouble of coveting a jacket you don't own.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lane
PM kunk

*snickers*

You'll be a casualty along with him strangling brookland.
lol8[1].gif

Fit-wise though, Globa tends to fit bigger than the Intarsia so I wouldn't necessarily size down unless the Globa was 2-3 sizes too big. I'd go with the same size if I were you but I'd base my decision on the sizing provided by the seller.

Brooklands

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
You'll be a casualty along with him strangling brookland.
lol8[1].gif

Fit-wise though, Globa tends to fit bigger than the Intarsia so I wouldn't necessarily size down unless the Globa was 2-3 sizes too big. I'd go with the same size if I were you but I'd base my decision on the sizing provided by the seller.

Thanks!

and luckily I am an avid enough reader of the forums that I read the post in which Kunk threatened to strangle the next sender of an RO sizing PM- not to mention I also live in NYC so he wouldnt have to travel far to exact his revenge
lol8[1].gif

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
sell it to me when it arrives, it will be woefully large on you and will stretch. i desperately want the pearl and could even trade something to you for it. the large intarsia will fit you well

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
am selling a rick leather to buy another btw, in b&s

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
sell it to me when it arrives, it will be woefully large on you and will stretch. i desperately want the pearl and could even trade something to you for it. the large intarsia will fit you well

maybe your pilot jacket? on a side note, perhaps the mollino?

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
haha

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads