• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A question about Daniel Cremieux suits...

habanos

Reaction score
Since Daniel Cremieux signature suits are made by Isaia is the quality on the same level as an Isaia suit? How do the two compare? Thanks

acridsheep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you sure that they are made by Isaia? I know they are made with Loro Piana cloth, but I am not sure about the maker.

I just picked up a navy blue one in Super 160s. It is a lovely suit, IMO, but we will see how it holds up.

habanos

Reaction score
Thats what some of the prior threads state. This is only the Signature line BTW

acridsheep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I realize that. FWIW, the DCS I bought has lovely pick stitching, is luxuriously soft and lustrous, and is pretty great all the way around. I think, more than anything, time will tell if this was a good buy or not.

I got it for 50% off retail, BTW.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
where do they sell daniel cremieux suits?

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rebel222
Some Dillards.

wow. ill have to take a look this weekend. I didnt htink dillards had anytning worth a damn.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rebel222
Only some Dillards carry the signature suits. They are not worth it at full price. I had the opportunity to purchase some at half price, but I passed.

may be worth a look. But i wont go out of my way. I usually buy my shoe trees there...maybe ill take a stroll through the suiting.

crider8883

Reaction score
I have also seen some Daniel Cremieux suits and sportcoats, made for Dillards, at Daffy's. Not sure if they are "Signature Line" though.

Pastor

Reaction score
How can you know if the suit is really an Isaia? I just bought one of the Daniel Cremieux Signature suits for $104 at a Dillard's Clearance center. It is a 160's and says made in Italy. It's with the tailor now.

black_umbrella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most of the standard stuff is Canadian. Bought a number of SC's and the quality is a bit all over. RN numbers say jack victor for most "non-signature" items. The fabric tends to be pretty reasonable especially if you get the ones made with Loro Piana. Dillard's 50% off sale prices typically allow you to get the SCs for about $100 and the suits for $300 (or less).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads