1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

A Question about Daily Shirt Wear

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by TreadNotOnMe, Jan 22, 2013.

1. TreadNotOnMe

TreadNotOnMe Well-Known Member

I think I need to try new shirts. 90% of the time I choose to wear dark denim jeans. Lucky is my brand of choice; just fits me nice.

While wearing a blue, slightly frayed polo, my friend turned to me and said, "dude, your pants and shirt are nearly the same color. That just doesn't work." Now, I had actually always thought that I didn't like the look of a shirt that is close to the color of my jeans, because it always made me feel like I was wearing a one-piece of some kind. All one color. But I do it anyway.

My question is this. I wear 90% polos because of an old job, but now can wear what I want. In the summer I suppose I will wear t-shirts more often, but in the Fall/Winter, what kinds of shirts do you guys wear with dark denim jeans? Type of shirts and colors would be great. I am fair-skinned with red hair, for what it's worth. Thanks guys! This forum is a goldmine of info.

***Also, keep in mind I do wear a jacket about half the time. It snows here.

2. Twotone

Twotone Senior member

For "dress" shirts with jeans, I like white, light pink, stripes, checks and plaid. With polos, black is OK, but not for collared shirts. Yes, blue jeans and solid blue shirts are too similar and don't look good. You need contrasting or complimentary colors, textures or patterns.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. TreadNotOnMe

Two-tone, thanks! That is some great info right there.

4. dapperdoctor

dapperdoctor Senior member

Try some long sleeve dress shirts tucked in - mix that in with your polos and you will up your variety so much.

5. TreadNotOnMe

I'm not very fond of tucked in... will untucked work?

6. Bill Dlwgosh

Bill Dlwgosh Senior member

Almost nobody tucks in their shirts (with jeans) in Toronto, for what it's worth. Even when under a jacket, a dress shirt is usually left untucked with jeans up here.

7. cptjeff

cptjeff Senior member

No. Untucked looks like crap.

As for shirts to wear with jeans, any dress shirt on the more casual end of the spectrum (think oxfords and whatnot), and of course, sport shirts.

8. TreadNotOnMe

9. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

I mainly wear sweaters and different knit tops with jeans. The type of shirt that I wear underneath varies.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  10. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Senior member

may get better results in SWD