1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

A Pleasant day in Chicago

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by rssmsvc, Sep 19, 2006.

1. rssmsvc

rssmsvc Senior member

Hello,

I had a well deserved half day of fun today and got to visit Mr. Despos shop. All I can say is that he is the nicest, kindest Tailor I have ever met, and is just brilliant. No ego or anger and explains everything.

His shop is elegant and beautiful, there should be a fee to just enter.[​IMG]

I have dealt with a lot of tailors and there was a kind gentleman at Mark Shale about 9 years ago that passed away and disappointment for me ever since.

I already changed my mind so that the day I hit a certain goal , I will not be going to Savile Row but Oak St.[​IMG]

Thank you Soph and Chuck for the recommendation.

I also got a chance to look at the Polo store and I love the suit displays, they also keep insisting that I am crazy in thinking Edward Green may be dropped. The shoe collection was not that great.

Nothing really exciting at either Saks or Nieman Markus, but there was a bunch of Oxxford suits at the Filene's in some... interesting fabrics and about 100 Borrelli shirts.

2. Ivan Kipling

Ivan Kipling Senior member

I'm happy that your day was successful and fun. Those of us in Chicagoland are fortunate to have Despos, within our midst. I hope to visit his establishment some day, soon.

Ah, Filene's. No trip to Chicago is complete without steppinig inside. I once found a stash of vintage Rive Gauche eau de parfum, sitting on the shelves. Very, very difficult to procure. Reasonably priced, too. I wish I'd bought more.

3. rssmsvc

rssmsvc Senior member

Is there a forum dedicated to rare perfums ?

4. Ivan Kipling

Ivan Kipling Senior member

Now, how would I know anything, about that?