• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

MrUnderwood

Reaction score
Anyone know good sources for APC sweatshirts? Really hitting myself for not buying the baseball sweatshirt from some time ago.

ShoutOutsFoMyBo

Reaction score
tip: if you sized wrong and the thighs are too tight or if you washed your jeans and they shrunk just stretch them out by hand. grab opposite sides of your jeans starting at the crotch and waist and pull diagonally. inch your way down to the hem then work your way back up on the opposite side.

gshyoung

Reaction score
I've gone through hundreds of pages in this thread re: sizing, so I'm aware that for NS, one should be sizing between 2 to 3 sizes down from their normal waist size.

My waist size is 34.5, so going by the general rule above, I should be fairly safe getting a size 32. However, I have an athletic build, so I have larger than normal quads/thighs. Will I struggle to get into a sz32, or would it be safer to get a sz33 instead?

Thanks

radio3

Reaction score
I've gone through hundreds of pages in this thread re: sizing, so I'm aware that for NS, one should be sizing between 2 to 3 sizes down from their normal waist size.

My waist size is 34.5, so going by the general rule above, I should be fairly safe getting a size 32. However, I have an athletic build, so I have larger than normal quads/thighs. Will I struggle to get into a sz32, or would it be safer to get a sz33 instead?

Thanks

Best would be if you measure the waist on some jeans that fit you well and compare to the A.P.C. Size chart on their website. The thighs aren’t that small you’ll probably be fine unlike with many other a.p.c.s, which ha e crazy skinny thighs. The new standard aren’t skinny.

radio3

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the difference between New Stadard and New Standard Classique is?

gshyoung

Reaction score
Best would be if you measure the waist on some jeans that fit you well and compare to the A.P.C. Size chart on their website. The thighs aren’t that small you’ll probably be fine unlike with many other a.p.c.s, which ha e crazy skinny thighs. The new standard aren’t skinny.

Thanks, I think 32 will be fit just fine :)

Funny that, back in 2011 I consulted this very same thread on APC sizing. Back then, my waist measured between 31-32", so I ordered sz28 in the NS. These fit tight, but loosened up very nicely, and very quickly became my favourite pair of denim. Since then, I've added some kg's in BW, tried momotaro and 3sixteen denim, which are both very nice, but for some reason I keep coming back to APCs...

gshyoung

Reaction score
Received my NS size32 today. With a bit of effort, I luckly able to button it up at waist. It's a little tight, though, as expected. In retrospect, I would have been more comfortable in a size 33. Oh well...

Anyone know how long it would take for these to stretch out with daily wear?

Thanks

jonny5

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any site with detailed measurements for the Standard Jeans (just Standard not New/Petit)?

sood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any site with detailed measurements for the Standard Jeans (just Standard not New/Petit)?

jonny5

Reaction score
Thanks but I was looking for the Standard jeans model from the below link. It looks like Blue Owl does not carry these.

tennessee

Reaction score
End Clothing had them but since they’re out of stock they won’t allow you to view the measurements. If you can somehow figure out how to see them, they’re there. Or maybe End CS can provide them.

brianoh

Reaction score
Any deals on PNS? Used to be able to find on sale for ~100 USD back in the day.

Fiddler

Reaction score
Anyone tried the APC Martin H Jeans? 78% cotton, 22% paper.
Love the colour and style....got a 34 (my normal size)...and they are yuuuuuuuuge throughout.
Too late for returns.
Have to wear them with a belt...they're very comfy baggy but I would love a slightly snugger fit.
Currently soaking them in boiling water....will give them a bit of time in the dryer as well
on the highest heat setting. Let's see what happens

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads