• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

willy156

Reaction score
So after years of being happy with GAP selvedge jeans they changed to stretchy and I can’t stand my latest pair. Ordered a pair of NS and sized down 1 to 31s. Oddly I can button the waist, but my not very big thighs feel like they are squeezed into sausage casings and my nuts feel like they are spread into different zip codes. Will these stretch enough to ever be comfortable? Should I order 32s or something with a different top box?

Thanks
I wore my apc pns for about a year and they did not stretch much in the thighs, so I would also suggest to size for thighs instead. I didn't size down either, I went true to size. New standards if i recall correctly is APC's roomiest fit out of new cure, new standard, petit standard, and petit new standard so sizing up for 32 would be better than going for a different cut

willy156

Reaction score
anyone know if there are APC fakes out there? what to look out for?

willy156

Reaction score
Woo, always check your local craiglist/kijiji! Picked up a pair of brand new APC Hiver 87 for $100 cad

willy156

Reaction score
Might pick up another pair slightly used, because apc retail price has gone up

ksl0588

Reaction score
Hi,

Kinda new to this forum and I would just want to ask apc lovers here about the denim. Sorry if this question has been answered before.

I bought APC petite new standard jeans in size 30 which is my normal size with jeans (purchased like 4 years ago lol). And since then I find it extremely stiff, yeah I know raw denim is really like that and that you would need a few months to properly break it in with good fades. But is there any other method of breaking them in faster without shortening the life of the denim? Any one out there who has tried?

Thanks

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure this has been answered a zillion times (hit the back button!), but yeah — they’re going to be stiff for awhile. You can wash them — making them baby-soft — and sacrifice fades, or you can just wear them. The initial rigidness should ease up after a few days, though they’ll still feel slightly heavy. If you’re like a student or unemployed, just wear them everywhere for a couple weeks.

Otherwise, if they’re a bit tight, I found that just doing a few squats when you put them on, bending down throughout the day, or just moving around softens them up a bit initially.

In my experience, just wearing them, you’ll become familiar with the heavier feel and just get used to them; other jeans will then feel weird, not your APCs.

So I guess the short answer is probably no — other than washing them, they’ll remain a bit heavy and stiff for awhile.

ksl0588

Reaction score
I’m pretty sure this has been answered a zillion times (hit the back button!), but yeah — they’re going to be stiff for awhile. You can wash them — making them baby-soft — and sacrifice fades, or you can just wear them. The initial rigidness should ease up after a few days, though they’ll still feel slightly heavy. If you’re like a student or unemployed, just wear them everywhere for a couple weeks.

Otherwise, if they’re a bit tight, I found that just doing a few squats when you put them on, bending down throughout the day, or just moving around softens them up a bit initially.

In my experience, just wearing them, you’ll become familiar with the heavier feel and just get used to them; other jeans will then feel weird, not your APCs.

So I guess the short answer is probably no — other than washing them, they’ll remain a bit heavy and stiff for awhile.

Thanks for the tip bro. How about wearing them and then soaking in a bath tub of cold (or warm) water? I remember reading this somewhere.

fatsu

Reaction score
Have the same problem as EnglishGent... bought a pair of indigo stonewash in size 29 and the waist fits but the thighs are tight (but not the crotch). Why don't the thighs stretch like the waist? I don't want to size up and have to wear a belt... I'm so tired of trying to find a good pair in that color...

Cudifying

Reaction score
How do the PNS with and without stretch fit in comparison? Customer support said measurements are identical, what differences in fit/ in general will i notice down the line? What are the main differences between the two types? Thank you

masshi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anybody seen raw (i.e. 100% cotton; not the 98% cotton, 2% poly ones) petit new standards in a 26 and 27 for cheap anywhere?

cheapest i can find after some quick googling is on norse store for $141, but shipping is $25 to the u.s. (and returning would be difficult as well)

need to replace my petit standards

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads