A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Seriously, APC? I've had my petit standards for months, and....

THERE ARE NO FADES!

Not one.

My first pair were quick to fade in the knees, I guess because I had carpet back then, and they'd fade when I played with my pets. The lap and wallet area came later, and they looked amazing. These I've worn for months, and they look brand new. So frustrating. Even the heavily rolled cuffs are a deep blue.

Did they change the recipe or something?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  2. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

Mint condition (worn 3 times, never washed or hemmed, still crunchy) APC Petite Standards in size 26, color faux noir (charcoal) for sale.... check my profile. Retail $200 more or less these days? Asking nearly half and they're basically new.

3. jrslater13

jrslater13 New Member

FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE - PLEASE DON'T SIZE DOWN ON YOUR PNS APCs. I followed the ridiculous advise of sizing down on my Petit New Standards about 3 years ago, and it ended with some sick fading on jeans that are now in the trash because of a massive crotch blowout. I decided to not read stupid advice from dudes that need to feel like the have their jeans painted onto their body, and bought a new pair in my actual size! What an idea. All I had to do was have the tailor hem in the waist after about a month and now they fit so perfectly. Definitely don't size down guys, unless you plan on losing weight.

4. jrslater13

jrslater13 New Member

Stop saying, in 3 months they'll be super loose! Just hem the waist and stop needing your pants to be skin tight. a little room gives way better fades anyway.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  5. GG Allin

GG Allin Senior member

You know you can have your tailor easily fix your crotch blowout, don't you? I've done it to mine many times.

6. kentpope

kentpope Senior member

Many people overstate the amount that you should size down on APCs but I would almost always recommend going down 1 size (and just one size). Hemming the waist is a clear sign that you've bought the wrong size.

7. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

8. GG Allin

GG Allin Senior member

I agree that people tend to go crazy with the sizing down. Ca. 2007 in Styleforum people were sizing down on raw denim like crazy, and I fell into this trap as well.

9. max_r

max_r Senior member

I think people should pay more attention to the leg fit than the waist. Not everyone has the same size legs in relation to their waist either. The ideal fit for one person may be to go tts and wear a belt, the same leg fit for another person may require sizing down and letting the waist stretch.

I've always gone down 2" with my pairs (sz 29 measures approx 31", then stretches another 2" or so) and the fit is fine for me.

10. wizzeak

wizzeak Senior member

Anyone hear of the APC "Bootleg"? Is that just the rescue?

11. Master-Classter

yeah when I joined around 2007, sizing down on APC NS's was all the rage. Hell I still made that mistake just a couple of years back. I clearly have a 30 inch waist and buy size '28' pants for everything so should have bought my PS's in a 27. I went down to a 26 because I'm OG and can handle it (sure sure). At first it was just the little things that tipped me off that I may have sized down too much. I mean everyone has to suck in their stomach to button up jeans right? Then there was the repeated trouble of raising my knees so I could step up to get on the public bus. I think when you sit down at a restaurant and have to stifle a whimper as your balls separate from the high crotch, that's maybe a problem. When you think great I'm getting laid and then have to think damn, it's going to take her longer to get my jeans off than hers, perhaps you've sized down too much. When your jeans are so tight you have to rotate your hips while walking, you may have sized down one too many. These, and other stories coming up at 11. Stay tuned. Also, don't drink and post. That seemed relevant to note right now.

12. momentoftruth

momentoftruth Senior member

is the only difference between the PNS and NS the tapered leg? I've been feening for a washed black pair of PNS (my preferred cut) but can't find any from past seasons in stock anywhere. If it's just a matter of copping NS and getting the leg tapered I might do that, but if it requires more work I'll have to think about it

13. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

After careful investigation, it seems my PS *are* fading, finally -- but fading evenly. No whiskers or phone marks in sight. Sad!

Perhaps it's time to take up the life of a cowboy.

14. willy156

willy156 Active Member

Anyone know the best place to get APC in Toronto? Everywhere I see they have jumped to $250 for APC PNS and The Bay sells them for $280 lmao

15. Master-Classter

Fit 'em on in store to figure out size and cut and buy online for cheaper. Our local prices (as you've seen) are too high, plus local taxes, etc.