• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

boned

Reaction score
PNS washed stretch. Too tight in the calves? Waist fits right off the bat.. may not be a good thing but I'll always wear a belt with em.

Comfy as hell though.

Last edited:

Pirhon

Reaction score
I bought washed new standard jeans, they seem to be slightly baggier than my earlier NS raw denims, which are about 4 years old. Have they changed the cut of these or is it because these are washed denim?

boned

Reaction score
Fit pics? Considering switching to the NS washed and sizing down more. I could fit in a 28 in the PNS but my legs were painted on. Could probably even size down to a 27 in the NS.

"Bagginess" could be the 2% elastane.

Last edited:

willis88

Reaction score
After having the petits for almost half a year I decided to start a fresh with some new standards. But beforehand can I ask is there a way to avoid this issue with the flies

Admittedly the warp was mildly apparent looking back at first day photo but I didn't actually have much struggle fastening the top button. The New standards I can only see the buttons stretching when I bend down, but are they likely to worsen in time and become permanent as above?
I rarely see this on other pics even when the wearer notably had trouble squeezing into them in the early stages, but I was happy with how the legs fitted on both.

Another question is:
I want to get them hemmed for a smarter look but eventually avoid rolls as they make me look shorter. How long is safe enough for creases and knee stretching to set in before I make a decision on length?

laisnata

Reaction score
i wear a 32 waist what size should i get in apc
I also wear 32 normally and I like a slim/skinny cuts. Most of my slim/skinny Diesels are in 32, and I got PS in 31 - tight as hell and very very difficult to button up the last button. I would say I have a proportional legs and body. You can check several post above how the Diesels fit me and how the PS 31 fitted me. I exchanged for PNS in 32, overal fit is better, but still a little "small" everywhere. The waist already stretched from 33 to 34.5 inches only for a day of wear, but can't say the say the same for the other areas. The most tight area is probably behind the knee, where when I sit I feel them not as comfy as I want. I would not exchange for 33, but hope they will stretch to comfy fit.

PNS 32

Last edited:

jimmy chipmunk

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Do they still make the "Rescue" fit. I think the answer is yes.

Do they make the "Rescue" fit in black? Sadly, I think the answer is no?

Thx

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I think the standard washing advice is inside out, bucket or bathtub soak, minimal agitation. First soak with detergent (tide dark or something) and do a little shaking around, leave to soak a few hours, then pour out, add clean water, soak, and then rinse a couple more times, lay flat on a towel to dry.

cold or at most slightly warm water. don't worry if they 'shrink', they'll stretch back within a few hours.

willis88

Reaction score
how much does the apc petit standards stretch over time? I'm deciding between sz 27 & 28.

With either size the waist will stretch out to whatever your natural waist is. So go with the size you are most comfortable with from day one regarding crotch, seat, calf and thighs and hem. Don't rely on these parts to stretch.

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blahblah1776