• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

walklikeaduck

Reaction score

^ yeah try the NS in sz 29 'cuz, judging from the NC fit you posted, the 28 is still gonna be tight in the upper block

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. 29 seems to be the right size. I tried on the PNS in a 30 and the thighs and lower legs were tight as hell.

Nanimal

Reaction score
so tried on the PNS for the first time today

size 30 were super baggy around the thighs but size 29 were skin spray on tight around the thighs, i was shocked at such a difference in fits in the same cut between the next size up and down

GAP japanese selvedge fits me so much better than all of APCs cuts, and its one third of the price and i don't have to take it to a tailor to get hemmed (and the APCs don't even fit even if they were to get hemmed)

so basically GAP japans selvedge- total cost of $60 fits perfect vs APC total cost after hem of $200+ and it still fits like ****

Last edited:

tropics

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so you learn two things:
- fit is important. some brands may not work for you.
- price is not directly related to fit.

vlone

Reaction score
looking to purchase a pair of APC Petit Standard in Black (not raw denim). I believe they are the washed version.

Anyone have any recommendations on what size I should get? (I've seen size down 1-2, and I've also seen they run tts)

any advice would be huge. thanks

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

looking to purchase a pair of APC Petit Standard in Black (not raw denim). I believe they are the washed version.

Anyone have any recommendations on what size I should get? (I've seen size down 1-2, and I've also seen they run tts)

any advice would be huge. thanks

TTS worked well for me

vlone

Reaction score
is trying them on possible at all?

also depends on the fit you're going for
Trying them on is not an option, purchasing online. considering a size 30 (15.5 waist so like a 31), I typically where a 32 in denim but could usually go lower. I should be fine, right?

Last edited:

jakeld

Reaction score
I have been looking into the PNS and PS the last couple of weeks. Had the NS a few years ago but can't remember what size I hade.

So im a 29/32 in cheapmonday, 31/32 in acne, 29 in the PNS washed stretch jeans. Went to a local shop that carries APC and they only had PNS left in a 28 so i tried them on. Took some effort to get them on but were almost able to button up all buttons. Taking of the jeans was the real problem lol. Took about 5 minutes..

Anyways here are fit pics of the PNS in 28. I think they are too tight but I see on measuremnts of the PS and PNS that a size 29 isn't really much bigger except for one more inch in the waist. And a 30 I think would be too big when considering the stretching. Should i maybe opt for the NS?

Last edited:

edmi

Reaction score
I have been looking into the PNS and PS the last couple of weeks. Had the NS a few years ago but can't remember what size I hade.

So im a 29/32 in cheapmonday, 31/32 in acne, 29 in the PNS washed stretch jeans. Went to a local shop that carries APC and they only had PNS left in a 28 so i tried them on. Took some effort to get them on but were almost able to button up all buttons. Taking of the jeans was the real problem lol. Took about 5 minutes..

Anyways here are fit pics of the PNS in 28. I think they are too tight but I see on measuremnts of the PS and PNS that a size 29 isn't really much bigger except for one more inch in the waist. And a 30 I think would be too big when considering the stretching. Should i maybe opt for the NS?

Please no. really. NOT a good look and those will never stretch to a good place. Go up 1-2 sizes. Ever wondered why people seem to split seams / crotches and then whinge here that APC's a poor quality? - well it's not the quality of the jeans that is the issue, it's the unrealistic sizing expectations some folks have of APC's. They give out, the waistband more than most, but the not being able to do all the buttons up thing is for females, who a) can look good in very tight tight jeans and b) Have the anatomy for it. The only other jeans I know that could stand the same kind of downsizing are Ironheart's 21oz standard fabric - do this to a top tier unsanforised Japanese fabric and you'd probably rip a seam in the changing room. If you want spray on fit, here in the UK there are lots of high st retailers doing high elastane content stretch jeans / meggings. That's the only way you'll be able to get a spray on look - 100% cotton is just not suitable.

jakeld

Reaction score
Please no. really. NOT a good look and those will never stretch to a good place. Go up 1-2 sizes. Ever wondered why people seem to split seams / crotches and then whinge here that APC's a poor quality? - well it's not the quality of the jeans that is the issue, it's the unrealistic sizing expectations some folks have of APC's. They give out, the waistband more than most, but the not being able to do all the buttons up thing is for females, who a) can look good in very tight tight jeans and b) Have the anatomy for it. The only other jeans I know that could stand the same kind of downsizing are Ironheart's 21oz standard fabric - do this to a top tier unsanforised Japanese fabric and you'd probably rip a seam in the changing room. If you want spray on fit, here in the UK there are lots of high st retailers doing high elastane content stretch jeans / meggings. That's the only way you'll be able to get a spray on look - 100% cotton is just not suitable.

Thank you for reply. As mentioned I think they are too tight myself (the shop only had 28 and 33 left) whereas I wanted a 29 or 30. My option is either staying with PNS or PS and going up to a size 30 (31" waist If Im correct?) Or maybe try the NS in 29. Guess it's the "it streches out 2 sizes" thing that gets me a bit usure about the sizing.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
they look too tight from the knee down in particular. I could be wrong, but personally I found PNS had more of a taper from the knee down than the PS. If you're going to spend $200 and wear these for a few years, at least find a way to try on a few sizes and cuts to make sure you get the right pair!

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emdadseo