• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

heartlessphil

Reaction score

How do these look they're the pns in 31. I've worn them as much as possible for four days and twice to bed. Will they stretch out anymore in the calf or should I size up one?

I think it's pretty obvious they're too small...especially in the middle pic...looks like leggings to me. I would size up if I was you!

Last edited:

Patrick Chan

Reaction score

How do these look they're the pns in 31. I've worn them as much as possible for four days and twice to bed. Will they stretch out anymore in the calf or should I size up one?
Mine looked similar... and they never felt quite right (even after a month of hard wear). Even going to 32 didn't do it for me. I'm doing 33 PNS now. So the answer? Yes, size up.

tommyboy610

Reaction score
Ok I guess I'll exchange them today I just hope sizing up one doesn't leave me with jeans that are too big a few months from now.

flatspotting

Reaction score
Ok I guess I'll exchange them today I just hope sizing up one doesn't leave me with jeans that are too big a few months from now.

From the knee up they almost look like womens denim coloured tights at the moment. Probably worth sizing up.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Tommy, try the NS cut too in the same size, little more room in the thigh and especially calf

thomasec

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced inconsistent sizing with the New Standards? I just ordered a pair from Need Supply that fit noticeably slimmer and have a shorter inseam than a pair I just tried on at a local retailer the other day in the exact same size.

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the newer new standard the cut is changed sounds like need supply has the newer one and the other retailer has some older stock.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
is this confirmed? they seriously change the cut

Buster

Reaction score
I bought two pairs of APC NS. One pair more than a year ago at the NY store and one pair at the Paris store a month ago. They are nearly identical, and if anything the new pair is slightly wider (maybe 1/4 inch). Both are sized down by two. Maybe both are new stock, but i don't think so.

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well my old pair which is pretty old the inseam was 34" measured on a size 26 my new pair bought at need supply like 6-7 months at size 27 the inseam was 33". i guess the only sure fire way to know is e-mailing apc and asking.

6nop

Reaction score
http://tres-bien.com/brand/apc/petit-new-standard-jeans-light-blue

So I've been searching around for a pair of light blue Seinfeld-esque jeans without copious amounts of wash effects, and I think these are it.

The only questions that remain are: is this Petit New Standard Light Blue Denim raw denim, or just regular, don't-size-down-2-sizes, don't-worry-about-APC-tier-waist-stretching denim? Ultimately, I'm just wondering if I should size down or not (I typically wear a 28 in 3sixteens which are now a perfect, slightly loose fit around my waist after ~6 months), because this pair doesn't look like raw denim.

acinod

Reaction score
I tried on some APCs today and can't decide between the 29 Petit Standard (Left) or 30 Petit New Standard (Right). The Petit New Standard has a slight taper so I'm leaning a bit towards that but would like some more opinions.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Work From Home: What's Your Attire?

• PJs & Slippers

• Cozy loungewear

• Casual outfit (wool cardigan, chinos, etc)

• Suit or sport coat and dress trousers

Results are only viewable after voting.