Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. totally epic

totally epic Senior Member

I'm new to the denim "culture", I guess. Never really spent more than 35 bucks on some jeans similar to the usual college crowd from AF or AE. Obviously I want to change and have a better look. I want something for a better fit since the jeans I normally wear are too big around the thigh and leg area by a few inches. I'm a short and skinny guy, 5'3" and around 100 pounds (lazy eater). Some jeans that are a good fit, yet relaxed would be good since I'm not ready for some tight fits like some of you guys here. Something like the Rescues look like it's got what I'm looking for, but it's lowest size is like a 28 or 29 and since everyone says to size down, I think thats too big.

So I'm thinking about the NS. I normally wear a 27 and I know you're supposed to size down. I don't mind an extra inch around the waist as long as the rest of the fit is relaxed. I guess I can make a better informed decision as long as I know the dimensions of these smaller sizes. The Tobi site lists the dimensions for a size 32, but does anyone have dimensions for a 26 or 27? I tried searching but maybe the key words are too generic or I'm just some noob, but any help would be fantastic.

I'm slightly bigger than you (gasp) @ 5'6 and 110lbs. The New Standards in 26 were too big for me...get 25 (which actually measures 27").

2. Alvination

Alvination Member

I'm slightly bigger than you (gasp) @ 5'6 and 110lbs. The New Standards in 26 were too big for me...get 25 (which actually measures 27").

Cool. Thanks...but when you say they were two big for you, do you mean just the waist or what? Like, how much room was there for you around the legs/do you like to wear them skinny/tight?

3. cldpsu

cldpsu Distinguished Member

Alvination... if you are thinkin about the NS and don't mind the extra inch in the waist if the fit is relaxed.. why don't you just buy the rescue at the size that corresponds to your waist and have a properly fit more relaxed jean?

Here's my two cents to this denim culture. Buy what fits your waist RIGHT. Don't ever up size or whatever to achieve a fit you like through out the legs. That is a wrong cut for you. Always find the cut that looks the way you want it to when the waist is properly fitted.

4. Avyer

Avyer Well-Known Member

Don't think there are any stores that carry APC in Houston, where I normally live.

Try/Call the Barney's Co-op over at the Galleria, they used to carry APC.

Alvination... if you are thinkin about the NS and don't mind the extra inch in the waist if the fit is relaxed.. why don't you just buy the rescue at the size that corresponds to your waist and have a properly fit more relaxed jean?

Here's my two cents to this denim culture. Buy what fits your waist RIGHT. Don't ever up size or whatever to achieve a fit you like through out the legs. That is a wrong cut for you. Always find the cut that looks the way you want it to when the waist is properly fitted.

I'm having a hard time understanding the advise you're trying to give him. APC is in vanity sizes, the size on the jean does not correspond to what the measurement realy is, and that's not even mentioning the strech. The Rescues do not come in a size that would be very fitting on him. Hippster would be his only choice for a straight leg. IMO, with his size, NS would be perfect or for the SuFu fit I'd suggest NC's.

5. cldpsu

I know it doesn't. That has nothing to do with what I was trying to explain to him. I was explaining that some people size up to accommodate fits they are looking for... I can throw in all the numbers if you'd like.

I wear a 30 NS and wear 32 in most other jeans. He mentioned he won't mind if the waist is a bit baggy (1") so long as the rest of the fit is relaxed. So... With the NS size(30) that is equivalent to my normal size(32), I have a tight fit. One size up and I would have a more relaxed fit as well as a baggier waist, what was he talking about.

But I wouldn't do that personally. My tip to him as that I wouldn't up size (and i'd be up sizing because the 31 NS would be a 33, which would be one size up from what I normally wear) because I don't think up sizing to achieve a fit is the best way to do it. I think you should find the fit you want in a jean that fits your waist right.

6. whacked

whacked Distinguished Member

His normal jeans size is 27. Good luck finding the Rescue in size 24 (down 3, as often rec'd) or 25 anywhere...

7. Stylin-1

Stylin-1 Distinguished Member

Alvination... if you are thinkin about the NS and don't mind the extra inch in the waist if the fit is relaxed..why don't you just buy the rescue at the size that corresponds to your waist and have a properly fit more relaxed jean?

Try/Call the Barney's Co-op over at the Galleria, they used to carry APC.

I'm having a hard time understanding the advise you're trying to give him. APC is in vanity sizes, the size on the jean does not correspond to what the measurement realy is, and that's not even mentioning the strech. The Rescues do not come in a size that would be very fitting on him. Hippster would be his only choice for a straight leg. IMO, with his size, NS would be perfect or for the SuFu fit I'd suggest NC's.

I know it doesn't. That has nothing to do with what I was trying to explain to him. I was explaining that some people size up to accommodate fits they are looking for... I can throw in all the numbers if you'd like.

I wear a 30 NS and wear 32 in most other jeans. He mentioned he won't mind if the waist is a bit baggy (1") so long as the rest of the fit is relaxed. So... With the NS size(30) that is equivalent to my normal size(32), I have a tight fit. One size up and I would have a more relaxed fit as well as a baggier waist, what was he talking about.

But I wouldn't do that personally. My tip to him as that I wouldn't up size (and i'd be up sizing because the 31 NS would be a 33, which would be one size up from what I normally wear) because I don't think up sizing to achieve a fit is the best way to do it. I think you should find the fit you want in a jean that fits your waist right.

It's the things that make ya' go hmmm....

8. cldpsu

I meant hipsters...

And on top of that... I was just giving him my opinion on sizing up and down in jeans in general. I was responding more to him considering a baggier waist

9. randomtw

randomtw Senior Member

I'm a true 32 inch waist, how would a 30 inch APC New standard jeans fit me? It seems that the actual waist on a size 30 would be an inch too big for me. Would It stretch too much? Also does the inseam shrink a lot?

Also once I break them in and get all the fades in that I want, would they just turn into a regular denim wash after I wash them?

I don't really like the feel of raw denim but am hoping that once I break them in the way I like it and wash it, it 'll just turn out to be a regular pair of jeans with a unique fade.

10. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

His normal jeans size is 27. Good luck finding the Rescue in size 24 (down 3, as often rec'd) or 25 anywhere...

The Rescues actually aren't made in sizes lower than 28, IIRC.

11. cldpsu

The Rescues actually aren't made in sizes lower than 28, IIRC.

I meant hipsters sorry!!!!

12. Alvination

Alvination Member

Hey, thanks for all the replies guys...glad for the help. I'll decide sometime this week on which route to go, but once again, thanks! Good to hear some opinions from the denim vets.

13. Dunderdavid

Dunderdavid New Member

I would like to buy the A.P.C military-style parka in black, size XS. Does anyone know if it's still avaible somewhere? Or does anyone have one for sale?

14. kimbot

kimbot New Member

Arghh where can I find NS in 29? Having no luck...

15. Avyer

Avyer Well-Known Member

I would like to buy the A.P.C military-style parka in black, size XS. Does anyone know if it's still avaible somewhere? Or does anyone have one for sale?

Call Blackbird, they're the only ones that I know that have the new season. (Assuming you're talking about the Spring 08 one.