A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. ww90

ww90 Senior member

i think im just going to get some 29 :p

how much more do apc ns blacks stretch than lvc 47s?

2. Serg

Serg Senior member

I have the black as well and they appear to stretch similarly but it is too early to tell as i have not soaked them.

3. 2344fgh

2344fgh Senior member

Note that they will be tight at first . [​IMG] (sized down 3) not too slim eh?

great fit! [​IMG]

4. modual

modual Senior member

Note that they will be tight at first . [​IMG] (sized down 3) not too slim eh?

What measurement did you size down 3 from exactly ? Probably where your jeans actually sit which is about right for apc. If you sized down 3 from your normal jeans size they would be alot fuckin tighter than that

5. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

What measurement did you size down 3 from exactly ? Probably where your jeans actually sit which is about right for apc. If you sized down 3 from your normal jeans size they would be alot fuckin tighter than that

I've seen plenty of people size down 3 and not have a skinny or skin tight fit, as the new standard is far from a skinny cut. I tried on a pair awhile back that was 3 down from my normal size and it was a bit tight, but would've stretched perfect. I'm guessing his are after stretch.

6. cldpsu

cldpsu Senior member

I've seen plenty of people size down 3 and not have a skinny or skin tight fit, as the new standard is far from a skinny cut. I tried on a pair awhile back that was 3 down from my normal size and it was a bit tight, but would've stretched perfect. I'm guessing his are after stretch.

They have to be. Look at the knees. They don't look starched at all

7. xchen

xchen Senior member

I could have very well gone with sizing down 3, but sized down 2 they still don't feel huge on me. I consider mine to be a regular fit but when looking at someone like gdl over at Men's Clothing then I'd say his are pretty baggy.

8. Serg

Serg Senior member

'

My actual waist measurement is 32 inchs those are a 29.

9. Serg

Serg Senior member

10. Alvination

Alvination Member

I'm new to the denim "culture", I guess. Never really spent more than 35 bucks on some jeans similar to the usual college crowd from AF or AE. Obviously I want to change and have a better look. I want something for a better fit since the jeans I normally wear are too big around the thigh and leg area by a few inches. I'm a short and skinny guy, 5'3" and around 100 pounds (lazy eater). Some jeans that are a good fit, yet relaxed would be good since I'm not ready for some tight fits like some of you guys here. Something like the Rescues look like it's got what I'm looking for, but it's lowest size is like a 28 or 29 and since everyone says to size down, I think thats too big.

So I'm thinking about the NS. I normally wear a 27 and I know you're supposed to size down. I don't mind an extra inch around the waist as long as the rest of the fit is relaxed. I guess I can make a better informed decision as long as I know the dimensions of these smaller sizes. The Tobi site lists the dimensions for a size 32, but does anyone have dimensions for a 26 or 27? I tried searching but maybe the key words are too generic or I'm just some noob, but any help would be fantastic.

11. Serg

Serg Senior member

If your 100 pounds then rescues are way to big.

12. Stylin-1

Stylin-1 Senior member

He could fit his whole body into one leg of the largest sized Rescue.

13. Avyer

Avyer Well-Known Member

I'm new to the denim "culture", I guess.

I would suggest the Hipsters in a 25, or depending on where you live, try and find a local store that carries A.P.C. and just try on the New Standards, they're not that bad. And as for sizes, you're going to be shopping in the Female section.

14. Alvination

Alvination Member

Don't think there are any stores that carry APC in Houston, where I normally live...is there any in the Dallas or Austin area? I'm currently attending Baylor, so it's only an hour and a half's drive away. If not, I'll probably just go ahead and go with some NS in the smallest size and give it ago...step out of my comfort zone.

15. Stylin-1

Stylin-1 Senior member

Don't think there are any stores that carry APC in Houston, where I normally live...is there any in the Dallas or Austin area? I'm currently attending Baylor, so it's only an hour and a half's drive away. If not, I'll probably just go ahead and go with some NS in the smallest size and give it ago...step out of my comfort zone.

They won't be skinny on you at all.