Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. daft

daft Senior member

It's a new store, so it won't be like a one off event or anything (although this is the same store they had their most recent sample sale). I don't plan on going tomorrow as it is sure to be a mob scene, but I may stop by this weekend sometime. I'll report back on the stock.

thanks. when you're there do you mind asking if they do phone orders?
    cheers

2. fashunhor

fashunhor Senior member

The Hipsters are officially in the Women's section but they are sized unisex. I am going to try them out when I go.

3. falsestart

falsestart Senior member

I like the hipsters cause I can wear boots with them, they have a super low rise which at times is a pain............literally

4. wannabeagiant

wannabeagiant Senior member

How much do APC jeans (raw rescue) shrink in length after a wash with air dry? Thanks.

5. xchen

xchen Senior member

That's honestly immeasurable as there are too many factors involved. In all likeliness they will shrink a bit but once you wear them again they should stretch back out after a few wears.

If you are really worried about them shrinking put them on while they dry and wear them around. Don't sit on any textitles though, and forego wearing a shirt you don't want to get ruined.

6. cldpsu

cldpsu Senior member

How much do APC jeans (raw rescue) shrink in length after a wash with air dry? Thanks.

Half inch maybe? Doesn't matter. Just stretch it back out while wet

7. Curious_George

Curious_George Senior member

Anyone know the status of the black new standards? I checked the apc site about a month ago and most of the sizes were pre-order, and they're still pre-order today. I hate to pre-order and find out the wait is going to be really long.

8. xchen

xchen Senior member

Call them up, as they online store in France has different stock than the mail order store in NY. You've got a good chance at getting them, and who wouldn't rather talk to a sales associate on the phone.

9. Serg

Serg Senior member

I ordered black ns from apc.fr/us on jan 1st and i received them this week. If you dont do a preorder it is probably hard to get them as they sell out very quickly in the 28-32 size range.

10. cldpsu

cldpsu Senior member

11. 2344fgh

2344fgh Senior member

they are available here in europe in almost all sized. i could proxy them for you. just pm me.

12. ww90

ww90 Senior member

i have a question, if i like to wear my jeans slouchy, and also tucking in undershirts, what size apc ns black should i get? i normally wear diesels in size 30/31 and they fit very comfortably, so what does that translate to a slouchy black ns?

I know a lot of people here suggest sizing down, but mostly everyone here prefers the fitted tailored look. should i get a 29 black ns or a 30? i also plan on keeping them dry for atleast 6 months.

13. Ace Rimmer

Ace Rimmer Senior member

Another sizing tidbit (which will probably just add to the confusion on APC sizing). I went to Denimbar's Arlington store today to try on some Rescues. I am a true size 32 but generally wear a size 30 in most jeans, including my (current) favorite jeans, the Nudie AJDS. Anyhow, I was stunned to find that even sizing down three wasn't enough ... the size 29 Rescues were a bit loose in the waist so I tried the size 28s. The size 28 Rescues are *not* tight at all, except maybe a touch in the thighs (my thigh measurement is 22-23"). Tt was easy to button and sit down in them, and I would not have bought them if they were tight in any way, as I do not like tight fits (which is why I prefer the Nudie AJ). I ended up purchasing the size 28 Rescues. So from a sizing standpoint, I sized down four from my "true" (measured) size. It will be interesting to see how much they stretch.

14. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

Ok i'm looking at getting some A.P.C. New Cure jeans. and i was just wondering how slim are they. my measurements are: hips: 35in thigh: 24in knee: 15in ankle: 12in this is what i read off of a website for size 32 # 33" actual waistband # 34.5" inseam # 10" front rise # 13.5" back rise # 16" at the knee # 15" at the leg opening so would i be safe going with a 33 and having them stretch out since i normally wear 34's? or would the 33's in the apc's stretch out too much? basically should i go for the 32 or 33? http://www.barneys.com/b/brows...42732

15. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

Size down 1 for a slim/slouchy fit that won't be overly skin tight. Size down 2 for a really tight fit. I'm a 31.5 and a size 30 fits me great. You also just buy true to size if you don't mind a little play in the waist. I have no idea what measurements mean in relation to the jeans since they stretch and you don't want them to be exactly the measurements and stuff. I just go off of measurements of jeans that fit me well.

Unless you have skinny legs i'd go with a 33