1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. GG Allin

GG Allin Senior member

I fucked up sizing raw denim so many times. But i now see that sizing the thighs is the most important part.

1 person likes this.
  2. pnewelljr

pnewelljr Senior member

Okay cool, I am deciding between a 27 and a 28. thanks

3. Thruxton1246

Thruxton1246 Member

4. masshi

masshi Senior member

5. HSVBVD

HSVBVD New Member

6. cutemelon

cutemelon Senior member

Anyone here have a pair of APC stretch denim along with the normal raws?

I want a pair of stretch Petit New Standards but am unsure what size I should get. I usually go for a size 28 in the raws which stretched out considerably in the waist. I expect the 2% denim to no permanently stretch so should I size up?

7. John-Galt

John-Galt Senior member

Why would you want the stretch ones? You lose the revered APC fabric

8. cutemelon

cutemelon Senior member

I find stretch to be a bit more comfortable. It also lets you experiment more with even more aggressive tapers. You may not be able to get your foot through a 5.5" leg opening without stretch. Although I can get it through a 6" opening just fine in raw.

9. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

it's only 2% stretch and the same cut so seems to me to be pretty much the same really. I found the stretch ones were way more comfortable when I tried them on. I believe only on indigo too, not black.

10. John-Galt

John-Galt Senior member

I my experience, they don't fade the same. At the point where comfort and fit takes priority, Nudies would make more sense.

11. Juhdis

Juhdis Member

Hi,

I'm thinking about getting some A.P.C.s as my first pair of raw jeans. However, as many are, I'm finding it difficult to nail down the sizing. I was in an A.P.C. store yesterday and tried on a 33 waist (I've attached a picture), are these too tight? They felt fine, had about an inch of room in the waist and the thighs were snug but comfortable.

I tried on a 32 waist (didn't take a picture), there wasn't much room in the waist but really snug on the thighs. It did feel a little awkward to move but couldn't tell if it was the 14.5oz denim or the size was too tight.

I can't figure out whether the 32s will stretch enough to not be skin tight in the leg because they fit great from the knees down? Or whether the 33s will end up baggy even though they fit round the thigh and have a little space in the waist? I'm a 33 in ED-85s and Levi 510s, and I've read a lot about how people size down 1 - 3 sizes!

I have searched the internet for advice on sizing but have just ended up more ambivalent than ever.

Any help?

Thanks

P.s. The sales assistant said they only stretch about .5 - 1 inch. :s

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. cutemelon

cutemelon Senior member

Waist can stretch quite a bit. I would say my sz 28's stretched to a equivalent sz 30, so 2 inches.

Thighs stretch only a tiny amount if at all. I'd say .5inch at the most.

what I did with my very first pair was to find the size that I liked the fit as is. and then went one size down. I think the photos you put up look fine. It would be nice to see that compared to a size 32 though

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  13. John-Galt

John-Galt Senior member

It's okay if they're tight in the thighs so long as the denim doesn't dig in when you move. Best to go with the 33 and belt it

14. willis88

willis88 Well-Known Member

I would see how the 34 fits or maybe look at a different style. See wear the button flies are stretching out? That will get worse as the waist stretches and sags down. Also the bare stitching you can see on the thighs will take a beating when you sit down or climb stairs. The crotch just looks way too tight and thats a mighty significant crease on the waistline for a new pair you've only just put on.

If these weren't so long they'd be spray on jeans judging by the tightness above the knee. And for that you need elastane..

Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
  15. Master-Classter

Er... anyone?

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
  16. gnathostome

gnathostome New Member

Anyone know where to find (or have for sale) lightwash/bleached new standards in size 30? Everywhere I've looked online seems to be out in that size. Thanks!

17. Juhdis

Juhdis Member

Thanks for the responses!

I managed to get some pictures of the 32s and 34s.

The denim doesn't dig in when I move in any of the pairs, to be honest. The 34s seem like if they stretch, as you say about 2 inches, they'll need a belt. The 32s are fitted and I don't have trouble sitting down, walking, etc. so they aren't so tight that I can't move and that applies to all the sizes mentioned. But, I have read that some people buy them so tight they have to lay down to button them; that is certainly not the case with any of these. I have no sense of how much they will stretch which is making it difficult to decide. The sales assistant this time said they will stretch a lot and recommended sizing down 2 from my usual size.

Have a look and let me know, I'm still in limbo!

Again, much appreciated!

[​IMG][​IMG]

18. Jose75

Jose75 New Member

Went with the 32 inch PNS. Normally i wear 33-34. Do you think i could have gone 33? They definately feel a bit tight in the thighs.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Thruxton1246

Thruxton1246 Member

I think you are good with the 32. Prepare for APC waist stretch because you'll likely need to belt it soon.

20. Master-Classter

Those look snug but if you're going for a slim fit ultimately then yeah they're probably ok. Climb some stairs, do some squats, give 'em a few weeks or a month and you should be all good.