1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. willis88

willis88 Well-Known Member

I think they too small. Surely they slide right off when you sit down?

2. nachobarro

nachobarro Member

yep

So, size up one ?

EDIT: I'm so confused... Some people tell me they won't stretch others say the opposite. My true waist size is between 34-35" I guess, but I usually wear size 32 in almost every jeans/chinos, maybe 33 in some. So, If I should size down 1-2 that means I have to buy the size that measures 33-34" (tagged 31/32) am I right ?
    I don't know if I should keep them or not

Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
  3. masshi

masshi Senior member

the waist will stretch, but throughout the leg they won't noticeably change

if it's only the waist that's tight, then you shoils have been good, but your pictures are a bit worrying

4. nachobarro

nachobarro Member

they are only tight at waist and the top block, the legs have room. why you think are worrying?

Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
  5. willis88

Pretty much what masshi said. The waist should be tight but the only other discomfort should be from the stiffness of the denim. Problem is the top doesn't look like it can accommodate your body if you have to wear them that low and your hips are strained. I would size up or try a different style..

6. nachobarro

nachobarro Member

what a shame, the salesman assure me that they will strectch, fuck, just wasted 125£

7. John-Galt

John-Galt Senior member

Throw it on eBay or the SF marketplace

8. willis88

Everyone's body is different and "stretch" is bandied about way too easily when it comes to raws. Personally I like to wear my jeans higher but surely thats your preference when you bought? No amount of stretch is gonna allow you to wear them higher.

9. wkd80

wkd80 Active Member

they look fine in the first set of pics.

mine were about that tight in the thighs and stretched out fine after 2 weeks

if its bothering you that much, just sit down and stretch you thighs or do squats for the first few days of wear to loosen the fabric

Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
  10. nachobarro

nachobarro Member

The tighs have room, they aren't tight. Is the tight hips combined with the small rise that make them uncomfortable.

APC are definitely for skinny slim guys with cigarette legs.

11. willis88

That's skinny jeans in a nutshell and not exclusive to apc. Any potential stretching isn't the issue here. The salesman should have pointed out that the rise barely covers your backside which is why theres so much strain on your hips

12. nachobarro

nachobarro Member

I will definitely try Nudie Grim Tim Selvage, Edwin ED80 Selvage and maybe the Unbranded UB401. They all have higher rises, but their fading potential is much less than APC. I really love the fading colour from APC jeans.

13. willis88

..I would maybe suggest the New Standard if you're into apc-style fading. I think they're often overlooked due to being advertised as a straight reg fit but if you size down accordingly you end up with a decent slim cut. There's also a 'low standard' mentioned previously

14. nachobarro

nachobarro Member

I thought petit new standard has new standard top block, so it would be the same isn't it??

15. willis88

On paper sure. But when combining other aspects of the measurements go out the window. Coming from the petit standard I thought the pns would be the solution to squashed genitals. I was wrong

16. TimelesStyle

TimelesStyle Senior member

Are you passed the return date/did you remove the tags? If not, perhaps you can exchange for something else?

There are a couple of other options I'd suggest trying:

1. APC's PS and PNS both are available in a raw stretch denim. Not sure whether the fading will be the same, but will certainly be more comfortable.

2. If not prohibitively expensive in the UK try Rag & Bone's raw denim in 'Fit 1' (skinny) or 'Fit 2' (slim). While the fading may not be quite APC level, I got some fairly nice fading on mine, which is saying quite a bit seeing as I wore them sporadically for a few months and only daily for about two or three months.

3. Try Acne jeans, probably the 'Ace' fit (or the 'Roc' fit, which is on sale on the company's site). I don't know if they fade as well as APC but they sound like they might be the fit you're looking for.

4. There are some other brands known for raw denim sold in the States that may or may not be readily available in the UK, notably 3Sixteen and Naked & Famous.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
  17. edmi

edmi Member

I highly recommend the RRL Slim Narrow cut. Comfortable front and back rise, great taper with narrow hem and wider than average thigh (by about 1 to .05"). Fabric and construction is amongst the best you can buy - they are priced accordingly though - better value in a sale if you can find it. The raw, made in the USA versions, get amazing fades in my experience and the unsinged fabric is a reassuringly solid 16.5oz that starts out a rich dark redcast. Stitching is subdued too - I personally can't stand showy bright stitching.

Fit wise: These are not 'big boy' slims, but for a clean looking pair of well-graded slim tapered jeans with a little more thigh and rise space than you might have found elsewhere, hunt down a pair of RRL Slim Narrows. If you bought the APC PNS thinking you might get more thigh space than the PS and were disappointed, or have found many other brands' slim cuts too clingy in the thigh/crotch, or low rise (this includes RRL's Slim fit ), the Slim Narrow cut is a breath of fresh air. The hem width is perfect too - looks equally good with boots as sneakers.

PS: They do run relatively narrow in the hip - within a week or two of wear this eases off and any hip/crotch compression disappears. Def no hip-flare here. Sizing variance: I have 2 prs in the East / West raw denim (Made in USA ) and a pair of washed charcoal (MIC) which ran smaller when new due to having been hard factory washed and has needed a little more wear to get to a good fit.

18. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Senior member

Does anyone know if the brut stretch PNS fit the same as the regular raws?

19. masshi

masshi Senior member

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
  20. TimelesStyle

TimelesStyle Senior member

Highly doubt it. The seasonal stuff tends not to be (other than the 'Low Standard'), and the selvage stuff always says so in the description.

1 person likes this.