Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Stylin-1

Stylin-1 Distinguished Member

Hate to do it guys, but I need personal reassurance being an APC virgin. I'm a 30 in RRDS, 5EP LDB, RB-11, KMW 1950, and a 31 in KMW 1980 and SDA-103. (Although the 103's got sold for being a touch too tight; maybe in hindsight I should've beaten them into submission). So.......I'm assuming my Rescue size would be 28 for a similar fit to the others, or 29 for a somewhat looser fit?

2. HATORI HANZO

HATORI HANZO Senior Member

Hate to do it guys, but I need personal reassurance being an APC virgin. I'm a 30 in RRDS, 5EP LDB, RB-11, KMW 1950, and a 31 in KMW 1980 and SDA-103. (Although the 103's got sold for being a touch too tight; maybe in hindsight I should've beaten them into submission). So.......I'm assuming my Rescue size would be 28 for a similar fit to the others, or 29 for a somewhat looser fit?

I were the same size kmw as you and I was swimming in a size 30 rescue. If I were you I would go with a 28 they do stretch like the dickens. Hope this helps

3. Stylin-1

Stylin-1 Distinguished Member

I were the same size kmw as you and I was swimming in a size 30 rescue. If I were you I would go with a 28 they do stretch like the dickens. Hope this helps

Thanks. Which model/size KMW do you wear? I had to size up to 31 on the 1980.

4. cldpsu

cldpsu Distinguished Member

I measured a pair of rescues size 32 at denimbar to be about 35 inches

5. Johnny_5

Johnny_5 Distinguished Member

Hey guys. Just got my NS's in. They are tight but I know they'll loosen up. But I do have a question about the top button....Is it supposed to be dangly? Lol. I am not sure how to describe it. It is not in stiff like normal buttons but more like on a bearing and bouncing about.

Thanks in advance

6. KlezmerBlues

KlezmerBlues Senior Member

Hey guys. Just got my NS's in. They are tight but I know they'll loosen up. But I do have a question about the top button....Is it supposed to be dangly? Lol. I am not sure how to describe it. It is not in stiff like normal buttons but more like on a bearing and bouncing about.

Thanks in advance

That's the way it should be. Some other jeans-companies use the same button, like Acne for instance.

7. KlezmerBlues

KlezmerBlues Senior Member

I'd probably just size down one on the NC.

Ok, thanks! Oh, and I was in contact with APC, and they informed that the men's and women's jeans differ in width and rise, if anybody is interested.

8. velobran

velobran Senior Member

That's the way it should be. Some other jeans-companies use the same button, like Acne for instance.

My rescues don't have that. Maybe it is just an NS thing? My top button is rather firm.

9. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

Don't worry. My grey cures are like that too. Haven't had any problems with it.

10. Johnny_5

Johnny_5 Distinguished Member

I also should mention that I sized down from a 32 to a 30. I was able to button them up but it wasnt exactly easy. I do have a little room when their fully buttoned. The only problem is that they are very tight around my thighs and ass. I know the waist stretches out a lot but how about the thigh and ass area?

I am not sure whether or not I should sell and size up to a 31 or keep and just see how it goes.

if anyone could add any insight or advice it would be greatly appreciated.

ps.

thanks in advance I know there have been countless threads on stretching but I couldnt really find any pertaining the stretching in the areas that are an issue for me.

Thanks in advance

11. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

They stretch everywhere that needs stretching, not just waist.

12. Guy Burgess

Guy Burgess Senior Member

Not a question about what size to buy (for once)...

Had a good read through this thread, but couldn't find much information. I have just bought some New Standards, which are my first pair of raw denim and wondered what the deal is with soaking the jeans when you first get them? The inseam is too long right now, but everything else fits tight (but i know they will stretch). I was just hoping for some advice, should I get all Quadrophenia on them and sit in my bath? haha.

I know it's another repeated question, but I thought it easier to ask in here about the exact jeans i have etc, sorry!

13. cldpsu

cldpsu Distinguished Member

They're not shrink to fit...

wash and dry them to get shrinkage in the inseam. After that, if they're still too short, have them hemmed. If you hem before ever throwing them in the dryer, make sure to leave some room. I lost about an inch without even drying them after my first wash.

Who's that guy from your profile pic? Movie? Looks a little like De Niro.

14. Guy Burgess

Guy Burgess Senior Member

thanks for the quick response, much appreciated. The quadrophenia thing was only in jest really, but I just wanted clarification.

It's Tim Roth (who was in Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs- he is Mr Orange), playing a skinhead called Trevor in a film called 'Made In Britain', which was directed by Alan Clarke. He also did the more well known film 'Scum', which you may have seen... He was a great director.

15. matrix7583

matrix7583 New Member

Hello everyone!

So the online shop which carries APC are

1)Denimbar which is also the cheapest and most of the time out-of-stock
    2)context clothing , with now no coupon, its the most expensive? ?
    3)Tobi
    4)Azalea
    5).......
    6)......
    7)......

Can anyone comes up another one?

please help [​IMG] [​IMG]

thx in advance