1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. manyo

manyo Member

Hello everybody, long time reader - finally signed up and this is my first post :)
    I have a sizing question. I've read sooo much about APCs, even had ones but still want opinion of you guys if possible. So, my waist measures 83cm-32inch. A week ago i ordered PNS in size 30, as I assumed they would fit based on a fact I had PS 29 before(those were super thight and never really streteched out enough in thighs). They turned out to be much thigher than i expected and measured. They hug my thighs and with my experiences from previous pair i know that thighs dont stretch that much... So i exchanged them for PNS 31. I quite like the fit in thighs, and Im leaning towards keeping them. Leg , below the knee is quite ok as well, i might get it slightly tapered tho. The thing is, waist is sligthly loose. I would say like 1cm too loose. They dont fall off my ass but im afraid of stretching.. What do u guys think ? Should I just wear a belt and not worry to much ? There is no pressue on waist, so it shouldnt be massive right ? Here are some picture, i hope they help
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ShoutOutsFoMyBo

ShoutOutsFoMyBo Senior member

one is made with stretch denim and the other is made with 100% cotton

3. Burt Bondy

Burt Bondy Member

4. willy156

willy156 Active Member

Yes, you will need to wear a belt to counter the stretching. A lot of people including myself do this. I received a size 32 PNS at first but the thighs were super tight to the point of seeing visible inseam marks on my inner thigh. That just meant my thighs were literally packed sausages lol. So I exchanged for a size 33 and it is dam near perfect. Roomy thigh while maintaining the nice taper. A bit loose on my waist though unfortunately, but I have been wearing my belt and my apcs haven't stretched in after ~25 wears.

5. manyo

manyo Member

exactly, on me with sz 30 i had them on the back of my thighs.. not the best look in my opinion. Yeah, so I'm staying with those. What do u think about the fit btw ? I think I'll taper them slightly, but still want to break them in a little before I do it, am I right ?

6. willis88

willis88 Well-Known Member

So many other brand choices out there and other fits from apc. Why purchase something thats too big in the waist and needs to be tapered?

7. manyo

manyo Member

well, I like the quality and the way they fade. Other fits wouldnt work, PS have skinnier thighs and below the knee are even wider.. Taper is not a big alternation that i would probably do in most other jeans as well. So yeah, Im happy with these if the waist wont strech too much theyre perfect. But what other brands would you reccomend with fits similar to this ?

8. willis88

Paying full retail for jeans and then having to change their shape isn't something I would be happy doing but if thats what you're usually about then its all good. Staying within apc I maybe would have at least tried a 30 ps or try normal on the nc to get that taper you want.
    The main problem I had when not sizing down on the waist was that the top block area around the crotch turned into a big saggy mess when they softened up and didn't look pretty when I walked. But everyone's experience is different.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
  9. Varrick

Varrick New Member

I wear size 32 jeans (true size and they usually stretch to 33 after wear) and these are tagged 30 (measured size 31) New Standards. Should I size down 1 more to 29? How do these look? I just don't want them to be too baggy in 6 months.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
  10. willis88

Thighs look slightly too roomy before the taper begins which could get worse when the waist stretches and they begin to sag. But a size down may be too tight in the hip area. Did you try the 29? I think sizing down 3 on the new standards isn't uncommon

11. NizzleBizzle

NizzleBizzle New Member

So I've had numerous pair of APC jeans and the sizing is the biggest pain in the ass. I find they're either to small and I have problems moving my legs and they're just not comfy or the opposite happens and I get them bigger and they just feel to baggy. Looking for people's opinions on these they're quite baggy around the waist and I'm now paranoid that they're too baggy in the crotch and look stupid.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Nicholas Lee

Nicholas Lee Member

Hi guys. I'm about to order my first pair of APCs and would like some advice on the fit. Up till now i've been wearing Nudie grim tims and i like the fit but i've gotten tired of the damn crotch blowouts. So i've decided to give APCs a shot. Which cut do u guys reccomend that will have a similar look to the grim tims?

I'm currently considering getting a pair of PNS in 31 which are 1 size down from my normal size of 32.

13. manyo

manyo Member

are these PNS ? if they are , i think its because of the length of the rise, mine are not as loose but i've noticed that as well. With that being said I like the fit on yours, I think they look good. What belt is it btw ? Looks very nice ;)

14. willis88

Probably the not the best belt to wear if you're paranoid about how your crotch looks. Imo yes I think its baggy for a new pair

15. NizzleBizzle

NizzleBizzle New Member

They're new cures. It's a Kawasaki belt buckle!
    They're not exactly new, maybe been wearing them 3/4 months!

16. Nicholas Lee

Nicholas Lee Member

So i decided to get a pair of PNS in 31. They're comfortable in the thighs and calves but slightly stiff in the crotch. Any comments on the fit? Kinda feel like sizing down 1 more.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
  17. youngchea

youngchea Member

Hello,

Are APC sizes the same worldwide? I am in the USA but saw a boutique in London that has my size for less than I's pay here. I would be getting a 32 PNS. Can someone let me know? Thanks in advance!

18. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

also note that the stretch indigo has a shorter inseam than the regular raw indigos... was at the NYC APC store and noticed a 2 inch difference of inseam on size 27 PS's.

19. lovelux2010

lovelux2010 Senior member

hello - quick question. i have the raw Petit New Standards in a 29. wanted some black denim to replace very old dior 19s, so tried on Petit Standard. the 29 in the Petit Standard looked good, but i could also fit the 28. the store seemed to think 28 would look better in time. so question is - any of you have black Petit Standards (not raw just black denim).if so - have they stretched out? they seem to have some elastic material. my other hestiation with the 28 is i dont like when you can see the outline of calves. i dont think thats the case with mine and the store did say will stretch around .5 an inch..

anyways any tips appreciated as i have no experience with these jeans.