1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. willy156

willy156 Active Member

Btw, know any places that sells Vegetable tan leather belts? Besides tanners good @ uncle otis

Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
  2. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

not offhand, but check websites for guys like Klaxon Howl and Dutil since it seems like something they'd carry,
    and then I guess the usual Queen West places like Nomad, Working Title, Oliver Spencer, Sydneys, Gravity Pope, Jonathan & Olivia, Lost & Found, etc.

3. willy156

willy156 Active Member

hey, I received my jeans today and I'm wondering if they're too tight and if I should size one up. I am usually a size 31 (sometimes 32 in diff brands) and I got the pns in 32. I can button up all 4 buttons fairy easily, but I got a butt and slightly larger thighs from lifting. The low rear rise (about 13") definitely makes me look like I'm sagging. And the jeans hug my thighs a bit. Hopefully these jeans stretch in thighs right? I heard some people stretch their waist by up to 3 sizes. Also, is there a difference between made in Macau vs made in Vietnam ?

Edit: I'll post some fit pics later
    Album: http://imgur.com/a/Id75m

Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
  4. cutemelon

cutemelon Senior member

the second phot definitly makes it look fairly tight in the thighs. It depends on the aesthetic you are going for though. Thighs dont stretch much, if at all.

5. willy156

willy156 Active Member

Thighs don't stretch? That sucks. I might need to exchange for a 33

6. willy156

willy156 Active Member

please tell me the thighs stretched!

7. dmash

dmash Senior member

Thighs definitely stretched on my PNS if that helps any. They were very constricting, after a couple months I can now move freely.

8. masshi

masshi Senior member

thighs are definitely too tight

try the 33 or a different cut entirely

9. cutemelon

cutemelon Senior member

thighs did not stretch much, i sized down 3 because of the waist. but i have narrow legs so thighs werent much of an issue.

10. pollapo

pollapo Member

Hi all, I'm looking for a fit critique. Below are the Petite Standard's in Sz 28. I sized down from my normal ~29-30w

I've worn them for about a month so far, and still understand they will stretch. However, not sure if it fits my body type very well. But from the front picture, it makes it look like I have hips/curves like a girl...which is quite off putting. Hopefully the knee area will stretch to compensate. Has anyone else experienced this?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
  11. rvbach

rvbach Member

^looks fine to me...

12. willy156

willy156 Active Member

they dont like as tight as mine did so I'd say it's ok. Has the thighs stretched much after a month of wear?

13. pollapo

pollapo Member

Yeah, the thighs have stretched a lot. It was the most uncomfortable spot and no room in the crotch at first but I've done a lot of 'lunges' and also stuffed the insides overnight to artificially stretch them out...

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
  14. willy156

willy156 Active Member

Were your jeans tight to the point you could see the inseam outline on your inner thighs? Here are photos from what Im currently wearing PNS:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Either I;m hoping the thighs too stretch out comfortably or I'll exchange size one up

15. pollapo

pollapo Member

Hmm it was never that tight in the thighs, fr me it was the groin area where it was too tight. I have skinny legs though.

16. JosephD

JosephD Well-Known Member

Hey everyone I need some advice. So I've got lightly bigger thighs and butt from lifting, so I thought the PNS would be the best cut for me as I want a slim tapered cut. I ordered some size 31s from Trés-bien because they had a coupon and I was able to get them for 132. They fit me pretty big and baggy everywhere, looks like a straight cut which isn't what I want at all. So I ordered a size 30 from My. Porter and I can get them on and button them up but they are without a doubt too tight in the thighs and they have a sharp taper as well, something which was not apparent in the size 31s. I feel like the difference between 1 size shouldn't be so drastic, is there a chance they've changed how vanity sized they are recently and some stores are stocked with the old and some the new? Or are these jeans just not for me?

17. ShoutOutsFoMyBo

ShoutOutsFoMyBo Senior member

you could try a 30 or a 29 in the new standards. or any of the hundreds of other raw denim brands and cuts, like some weird guy naked and famous or something.

18. Canhapa

Canhapa Member

I think a 32 would fit fine but no guarantees. as I think APC's maybe tts now.

19. willy156

willy156 Active Member

Yeah, I feel like APCS can go as TTS now. A size 32 fits like a size 32. A one size difference shouldn't make a significant diference, it might be quality control. I've also gotten a slightly bigger but and quads from lifting and a size 32 were super tight on my thighs (I'm a 31 in my stretch jeans but I need to wear 32 in other jeans). I had to size up to a 33.

20. masshi

masshi Senior member

the pns is a relatively new cut, so i don't think it'd be susceptible to that update in sizing they did a while back that you're referring to

maybe try a ps in 31? alternatively try on a pair of ns in 29 or 30 like the other guy said

they (the pns) might not be your cut of jeans, though