• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Pngwyn

Reaction score

I had that same problem with a my first pair of new standards....three-ish years ago. A tailor can fix it. Although I have to say, I had that problem because they were a size too small for me.

How did it look afterwards? Did they just sew on a strong patch that is a little bigger than the hole?

I guess I might have sized down too much. I guess I was really pushing for a slim look with the NS over baggy.

cayr

Reaction score
Do you sag them crazy? They dont look that tight from the pic
I know
frown.gif
but I don't think they were even that tight to begin with... I guess it's just the way I've been wearing em. Here's how they fit originally..

cayr

Reaction score
Do you sag them crazy? They don't look that tight from your pic.

wurlwyde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You should just go with the petit standard or new cures....she basically sewed it shut.....over and over again on the outside of the button hole where it's ripping. It didn't' look great, but I imagine you could get someone to redo the button hole. For what it's worth, I've never had what i'd consider in my opinion to be a good tailor. I've actually pretty much stopped messing with them all together.

trevorplease

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the sizing of New cure and Petit standard bought recently from Context clothing? Their sizing chart was updated, but I'm wondering if it's still wrong...

Also does NeedSupply have the same sizing?

thoogsby

Reaction score
Anyone have a pair of NS in 31 they're looking to get rid of?

iamfrancois

Reaction score
I've been wearing my P.S for about 14 months now and i've hand washed them 3 times and machine washed once. Each time I wash, the honeycombs on the back of my knee start somewhere new and do not reset to their original creases. So, after a few washes, my honeycombs end up looking like this (not my pair, but similar honeycombs):

I just sent off the pair to denim therapy to get my crotch fixed and I ended up ordering a new pair from context today. I was wondering if anyone had any tips to get the honeycombs to end up looking like this instead (picture below). This will be my goal for this new pair I will be receiving.

Last edited:

Blackmaged

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was looking at those, and according to Mr. Porter they run tts and the inseams are about 2 inches shorter than their raws/mij's.

Oh thanks, didn't realize mr. porters stocked them.
Going to guess they don't stretch? Don't have much experience with non-raw APC jeans

lesamourai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I'm guessing it's impossible to find those APC mijs black in PS 27/28 or NS 26/27 right?

nineohtoo

Reaction score
^ Both except PS in 28: NS, PS

TBS shows how slim they fit compared to the regular raw versions. I'm tired of wearing raw denim, and might get another pair of these to keep in my closet in case APC stops making them again.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads