1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Sifter

Sifter New Member

I have a pair of PNS washed (29) and just got a pair of raws 29 yesterday. Whereas the washed ones are quite loose on the hip (still alright), the raw may be a bit too slim since I'm only able to button up 2. Not sure they will stretch enough, so would say the washed ones are more generous. But you who have the raw ones since Before, do u remember how they were as new? Could you button up full?

2. planaport

planaport Active Member

Anyone have a pair of white Apc jeans? How do they hold up as far as stains etc

3. momentoftruth

momentoftruth Senior member

thanks. only 2 buttons sounds quite tight, if you can return might be worth sizing up but some people will tell you it stretches that much

4. Mack Teng

Mack Teng New Member

what size should I get if I wear a 29 in raleigh's thin fit jones? they fit crazy tight as first, but loosened up after a week or so. thanks

5. Nanimal

Nanimal Well-Known Member

gonna pickup my first pair of APCs and before i try them on id like to get the cuts down in terms of slimmest to baggiest

what order does it go, as I've read this thread and some people say PNS are slimmer than PS while others say the opposite

in terms of slimmest to baggiest out of these how does it go

PNS
    PS
    NS
    NC

6. Nanimal

also which APC cut is most similar to Ralph lauren slim 381

7. John-Galt

John-Galt Senior member

8. Nanimal

I think PNS is best for me since it has a nice taper but isn't as skinny tight in the top block as the PS

but some in this thread say PNS is slimmer in the top block than PS, isn't it the opposite?

9. ASpec818

ASpec818 Senior member

The seat of my PNS 27's are still too tight after a couple of months. It feels like it's clenching my buttcheeks together. [​IMG] Does the seat area loosen up over time?

10. John-Galt

John-Galt Senior member

Do you have that weird stretch on the back pockets?

11. masshi

masshi Senior member

12. wasianman

wasianman Member

What do you guys prefer on sizing down with APC New Standards? I want a snug fit and just received a tagged size 31. I have a 34 inch waist and a tagged size 31 APC NS is measured at 32 inches in the waist. Is the Sz31 the way to go? I can button these to the top but with a little tight action struggle on the last button.

13. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Yes, I'd keep the 31s. They'll stretch crazy fast.

14. willis88

willis88 Well-Known Member

I've been wearing the Petit Standard in a 27 for several months now and while I like the fit in the legs (and the fade progress), the top block with low rise is starting to annoy me. It seems like the more I wear them the more the crotch area warps and bulges which is making me concious when I walk and is ruining the look more than I would prefer.

Is the Petit New Standard in the same size the way to go? Measurements from stores state a larger thigh and hem but I hear people saying the cut is actually slimmer than the PS.

Another option would be the New Standard in 26. The larger leg opening would be welcome to fall over my boots nicely but would the thigh are be too baggy even though sizing down 3?

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
  15. tomyamsoup

tomyamsoup Active Member

anyone have the stretch versions of the petit/new standards? thoughts?

16. walklikeaduck

walklikeaduck Member

Bought these APC New Cures (size 28) not too long ago, and started to wear them again. They definitely fit tight, doable, but from what I understand, they should stretch out some. I've only worn these a handful of times. But the question is, are these too tight? As in, do I look ridiculous in them and should I just abandon them and size up? The waist is fine, but the ass and thighs are a tight squeeze. Just wanted to get some opinions on them. My girlfriend says they don't look too bad and that I should just keep them, but want some unbiased opinions, thanks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. willis88

willis88 Well-Known Member

Too tight imo. Everything from your crotch to the seat to the thighs with the bare white stitching, suggests you need to size up and wait for them to soften. Not stretch.

18. walklikeaduck

walklikeaduck Member

Thanks for the advice. I think these are wrong for my body type. I do powerlifting, so lots of squats and deadlifting, as a result, I a thicker butt and thighs. What style of APC, and what size do you recommend? I have a measured waist of 30” - 30.5”. Any thoughts would be appreciated thanks!

19. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

How big are your feet and calves? If they're on the smaller side, I'd say PNS; if they're on the larger side, NS.

20. walklikeaduck

walklikeaduck Member

My calves are about 13.4” and I wear a size 8.5 shoe.