1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. dgtl-rn

dgtl-rn Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
  2. Kingy812

Kingy812 New Member

[​IMG]just bought a pair of PS yesterday, not sure about the fit, am a true size 31. i go for this PS for size 30. Hope it wouldn't be too big in the future. Actually am not sure if this is a raw denim that will fade a lot. can anyone give me some advice. thank you.
    Q1. is this a raw denim that will stretch a lot like 2 or 3 inches?
    Q2. should i size down more like 28 or 29?
    Q3. how's this fit on me? too baggy or ?

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

3. Darkside

Darkside Senior member

Everyone says APC stretches out drastically in the waist over time, but it may be somewhat prevented by wearing a belt. Get the size that you are able to move your legs in when you first buy the jeans. In my experience, the truth is that everybody's bodies are different and trying on these other sizes and seeing how you move in them is your best bet. The waist may stretch out but the thighs and calves not as much.

The main reason I am commenting is to tell you NO, your jeans are not too baggy. How skinny do you guys want your pants?

4. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

pictures are hard to tell but they look good. Don't size down any more. -1 from your regular pants is good.

(I did -2 and they've never really stretched out the 2 inches I was expecting)

5. adamdurbin

adamdurbin Senior member

If they stretch, you can do that thing with hot water and drying them. It's blasphemy, but, you know...sometimes it stops them from smelling.

6. dr1248

dr1248 Senior member

I agree with both comments. Usually I would get my waist / pants size or size down by 1.

7. John-Galt

John-Galt Senior member

Know this is late but I was recently at J+O and they stopped stocking mens APC aside from the raw indigo models. Nomad is having their sale and practically their entire APC inventory is done. Dutil and Working Title is worth a try. Your best bet is finding it on the Gravity Pope website and have them bring it in, its free. Do call since their stock is not fully reflected in the e-store,

8. Canhapa

Canhapa Member

Wonder if Holts has any. Yeah Dutil is only carrying indigo and black raw not the solid black. Thanks for the update, hopefully the selection in TO gets better soon. Seems we get very little choice and huge mark ups. May order a pair from europe

9. Alan Tabata

Alan Tabata Member

So I've been wearing my PS for a year and still damn too tight for me around the thighs.
    There was very little stretch.

Any suggestions? Should I just sell em?

10. wurlwyde

wurlwyde Senior member

I'd sell them and size up. Unless you want to wet stretch them. What size are you?

11. Alan Tabata

Alan Tabata Member

I sized down 2.
    I'm normally a 31 but I bought a pair of 29s.

12. niqen

niqen Member

getting real close to order a pair of PNS now!

i'm a true size 34" x 34" in normal jeans (regular fitting that is), and well..
    i'm just unsure whether to opt for a pair PNS in size 34" or in 33".

i know people say they stretch, but i have by no means slim thighs.

just afraid they might be too tight on me. then again, i really don't like
    jeans that stretch out and get baggy after a few hours of use.

any inputs? go for 33", see if they fit? (i have to order).

also:

i know this is might sound dumb, but i really like my jeans (even the raw denim ones) to
    retain as much dye / color as possible, for as long as possible. i just prefer the dark navy color.

any suggestions on how to keep the color, with minimal fade / wear?

i noticed someone suggested washing before first time use, then wash on a regular basis. is this a way to do it?

any reply on this appreciated :)

13. masshi

masshi Senior member

are you sure that you want to go for the PNS as opposed to the NS? what with having "by no means slim thighs", you might want to choose a cut that flatters your build more (especially if you're a 34" waist)

regardless, if possible, you should try ordering multiple pairs from a site like nordstrom with a great return policy so that you can nail down your size (and cut) and return the sizes that didn't work out

regarding jeans that retain their indigo - all jeans will eventually fade (APCs especially are bought for how well they tend to fade)

there are, however, some brands (usually japanese and pricier, i think) that have some hard-to-fade models out there and that might be more to your liking (i'm not knowledgeable enough to recommend any, though, sorry!)

if you're absolutely set on APC, however, just don't wear them everyday if you want to keep them looking fresh for as long as possible

but even small things like walking and sitting down and whatever other normal daily activities will eventually cause fading

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  14. niqen

niqen Member

thanks for your reply :)

well it's either the APC PNS or the Edwin ED-80's for me i think.
    i used to be quite a big guy, but now i've slimmed down and i weigh about 84 kilograms. 191 cm tall.

i've always favored the look of slimmer jeans, but i prefer jeans with a slightly slimmer fit, not full blown skinny jeans.
    the taper is a must for me as well. now i'm finally able to wear a pair of slim fitting jeans without having to worry that they
    will look like white on rice if you know what i mean.

i've tried out Edwin once before, the ED-55's i believe it was. they had that decent taper, and they retained color quite good.
    they ended up feeling too baggy though, so i've been searching for a pair of jeans that won't go loose or baggy after a few hours or days
    of wear.

my thighs aren't like huge though, just a bit wide, but not all that much.

i'll definitely try to do some research on hard-to-face jeans out there.

i really do want to try out a pair of the PNS though, i guess it's the only way to know for sure how they'll fit.
    thanks for the tips, i'll probably place an order for both 33" and 34" waist. right now a pair of normal regular fitting jeans in "34
    will easily come off slightly loose on me after perhaps a days wear or so, and i have to wash them to get that "tight fit" back.

this is why i might consider the "33 waist to be the best bet here. we'll see though! :)

as for the PNS vs the ED-80 from Edwin, i don't really know the big difference. might be the same fit, more or less.

i'll give it a go! :)

15. masshi

masshi Senior member

just know that, from what people in this thread have posted in the past, the PNS apparently tapers very heavily (fits slimmer than the PS in the calves, for instance)

don't know if that'll affect anything, but good luck, dude

1 person likes this.
  16. niqen

niqen Member

yeah, been doing some reading now and noticed that myself. thanks a bunch for the heads up and
    info man, i'll post some feedback once i've received the jeans and tried them on! :) cheers!

17. masshi

masshi Senior member

18. dan138zig

dan138zig Senior member

So I bought this APC t-shirt from last season or so and its fabric is rather thin and fragile. It's frayed a bit (about 1cm) after I wore a bus safety belt (the one worn accross your stomach) and the collar and the hem are a bit wrinkled only after a couple of washes. Is this to be expected from APC?

19. Alan Tabata

Alan Tabata Member

couple questions:

cheapest place to buy apc raw denim?
    does it ever go on sale?
    are there fake apcs?
    cheers

20. ASpec818

ASpec818 Senior member

There are sales here and there. My local boutiques had them on sale last year and also tres bien runs sales once or twice a year if I'm not mistaken.