1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. nineohtoo

nineohtoo Senior member

Roughly a 28. At least on a good day.

2. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

for reference, I'm 5'6 135 actual waist is about 30, so usually a 28 for vanity size purposes. I sized down to a 26 for petite standards and they're pretty much ball breakers, and I've got fairly slim thighs. So probably should have gone for the 27's, meaning size down 3 from waist and 1 from normal vanity sizing, ie they'll stretch out one inch.

3. dan138zig

dan138zig Senior member

wait, haven't apc's had a change in size, so now they're vanity sized by 1 size?

4. beowolf

beowolf Senior member

Found a brand new pair of rescues with tags for 50 bucks on ebay. :slayer:

5. ASpec818

ASpec818 Senior member

Bout 5'5 138 lbs athletic/stocky build

Last edited: May 26, 2014
  6. Master-Classter

huh, I dont know about that. Maybe there's been a change. I bought my PS's this fall winter, so within the past year or two max (even if they were made a year or two ago). Just trying to add another data point. If there's new measurements and sizing etc then great, so be it.

7. ktown

ktown Senior member

What are some good alternatives to APC? I own a pair of Petit New Standards and they are my first pair of raw denim and I like them. But they are a bit too skinny. I thought the NS was too baggy. Below are some pics when I tried on the NS in store.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wants:
    -Similar price range, higher is ok if quality is better
    -slim throughout leg with some taper
    -minimal branding (e.g. stitching across pockets, large logo patch on waist)

I may consider just buying a pair of NS one size smaller than the pictured pair and tailoring the fit to my liking but I like to branch out into different brands.

Last edited: May 28, 2014
  8. dan138zig

dan138zig Senior member

"I own a pair of Petit New Standards and they are my first pair of raw denim and I like them. But they are a bit too skinny. I thought the NS was too baggy. "

exactly my problem. tried to solve it by buying the NS sized down 4 hoping they'd strecth but they are. still. too. tight.

9. blue123

blue123 Well-Known Member

Guys, I just bought NS and I typically wear a 31 waist. I bought two pairs from Nordstrom which arrived in the mail. A 28 and a 29. Now the 29 fits pretty well in the waist/crotch area. It is tight but I can button it up with no issues. The 28 fits very snug and I can barely button the top button. I can feel the stretch in the waist area. Now I have read the posts and I am aware that it will go up around 2 sizes so the waist should be OK. But my question is the seat and crotch is very tight. I have trouble lifting my legs as well due to this tightness. Is this normal? Should I keep the 29s which do not have this issue. Not sure how the stretch comes into play for these area as well.

Thanks I am an APC newbie.

10. masshi

masshi Senior member

take the 29

stretching on these is exaggerated

when you read people saying that their jeans stretched out 1 or 2 or however many sizes, they're almost always only going off the waist

places like the crotch, thigh, etc. will only ever stretch negligibly

1 person likes this.
  11. masshi

masshi Senior member

@ktown

did you ever try the regular PS

12. kentpope

kentpope Senior member

I don't have too much personal experience with NS (I wear PS) but it sounds like you should go with the 29. My general rule of thumb is to go down to the point where you can still button them all the way up but if you have trouble lifting your legs, then you are probably one size smaller than you should be.

I sized down two with my PS and they're perfect. If I was in between sizes, as it sounds like you might be, I'd go up rather than down. The waist will stretch out but the other parts of the jeans will not stretch all that much.

13. ktown

ktown Senior member

Yes, those were tight as hell. I could button it up but it was a struggle. I already own the PNS which is a little roomier than the PS and they are fine. I am looking for something a tiny bit roomier than the PNS.

14. ktown

ktown Senior member

Look at my pics above. Those are 29 NS and I am TTS 31. I had no trouble buttoning it up and that's why I thought they were a bit baggy. I may have smaller top block than you though so I personally would size down to a 28 and may find it comfy whereas you are saying they're tight as fuck. If it's that tight, I would stick with the 29's.

15. Buddha25

Buddha25 Well-Known Member

How's the stretch going on those 28s so far?

Last edited: May 30, 2014
  16. ktown

ktown Senior member

Is this a question for me? I own a 29 Petit New Standard. It fits fine and it stretched a bit in the waist as everyone can attest to. But after my first soak at about 9 months in, the pants shrank and they just fit a bit tighter now and haven't stretched back out. I'm fine with it.

17. blue123

blue123 Well-Known Member

Yea I was crushing my crotch in the 28s. The thing with the 28s is they are shorter in length along inseam. The 29s are longer and I am not a huge cuff fan. I'm also scared to hem them pre-wash as well. Anyone does this before?

18. Master-Classter

can i just go for a jog on the treadmill in these things to accelerate the stretching?

19. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

I usually take a nap in mine. :embar:

20. Master-Classter

er, you do a lot of jogging in your sleep? I usually lie down and then don't move for about 8 hours... maybe a bike ride is in order?