1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. absolutelyl

absolutelyl Active Member

2. lovelux2010

lovelux2010 Senior member

hello..
    I have an APC sizing question..
    so, I usually wear a 31 waist in jeans, and the APC store in London recommended I purchase a 28 in the new standard. I have worn them about 30 times, but they are still REALLY tight in the waist and thighs..uncomfortably so...

have I sized wrong or will they become comfortable/stretch over time. I have read about 30 pages of this thread but am losign my sanity

any advice appreciated

3. Fahrenheit

Fahrenheit Member

You sized down too much. I'm 31 in everything, for my Petit Standards I sized down 2 and it's been a perfect fit for a year now. If possible, get yourself a size 29.
    Some will tell you that EVENTUALLY your current pair will stretch out and fit well, but the quick and rational solution is to size up.

Last edited: May 13, 2014
  4. InHocSignio

InHocSignio Senior member

How does APC footwear size again? I'm looking at some Chelseas (US 11) wondering if I can fit one size lower than I usually wear (US 12).

5. lovelux2010

lovelux2010 Senior member

thanks..
    I'm getting frustrated with APC, as this is the 3rd time I have tried (and failed!) to get the sizing right. I would have thought sizing in-store would have been a safe bet, but a 28 when I usually wear a 31 seems WAY too tight.

I will have to try a 29, or I was considering to even go 30!

thanks

6. wizzeak

wizzeak Senior member

Bought a pair of NS a while back. Aside from being too tight in the crotch and waist, they had this weird leg flare on only one side. It flared out from knee down like bootleg jeans. I measured both sides and they were oddly equal. I think the problem had to do with some weird twisting of the denim when worn but it could not be "untwisted" no matter how hard I tried. Best I could describe it briefly.

I am hesitant to get a new pair because of this. Anyone else have this issue before? It literally threw of the entire fit visually.

PS may be too tight for me however. I was thinking of trying it 1 size up from the size of NS that fits me.

Last edited: May 20, 2014
  7. Qudi

Qudi Senior member

That seems like it would work out. Unless the cuts have changed since 4 years ago, the PS has almost the same top block as the NS. You should end up with a looser top block and a more tapered leg.

Last edited: May 21, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  8. wizzeak

wizzeak Senior member

Sounds like it should work out perfect then, thanks!

9. dan138zig

dan138zig Senior member

OK so my sized down 4 NS' waist have become acceptable but the crotch area still crushes my balls and phones, especially when doing a stepping up movement. Anybody ever experienced loosening on that part?

also which do you think is nicer, APC or N&F left hand twill? Thinking of throwing the towel with my NS and replacing them with those.

Last edited: May 21, 2014
  10. Qudi

Qudi Senior member

My only complaint about my PSes is the the rise.

If you're trying to size down that much on NSes why not just go with a slim cut?

11. dan138zig

dan138zig Senior member

Because I stupidly trusted the shopkeeper that said I should only be able to button the first button with APC jeans :brick:

oh and i also felt other models' rise was too low. i'm a low hanger, you know.

Last edited: May 22, 2014
  12. Qudi

Qudi Senior member

I feel ya there. The rise on my PSes are terrible.

The general advice for sizing down was be able to button the fly, but not the waist. I think you should size up and get it tapered later if you feel like the hems too big.

13. dan138zig

dan138zig Senior member

yeah it's either sizing up or trying other brands with similar or cheaper price like naked n famous. but I don't know if it's just me or not but I see the fabric of APC jeans as more interesting. it has a cool shine to it that gives a luxury look.

14. ASpec818

ASpec818 Senior member

Looking for some fit advice. I'm a natural 28 and bought a pair of petit new standard in 28. I know you're supposed to size down but wanted to try them anyways. The waist is like an inch too big but the rest of the leg fits decent. It's as tight as I would want them to be. If I size down to 27, will they be noticeably smaller overall? Here are some fit pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

any current deals on the petit new standard in 27?

15. nineohtoo

nineohtoo Senior member

I just found out that APC now has jeans that have 2% polyurethane, and tried searching this thread to no avail(maybe bad search terms?). Has anyone used these? Size 27 New Standards have been my favorite jeans, but there are some days where I can't get behind the limited range of movement. Has anyone bought these and can they compare them to raw New Standards as well as offerings from other higher end brands with some stretch, like Acne? Trying to decide if these are worth the premium over my Uniqlo Skinnys, which I'm not entirely thrilled with in terms of fit or fabric(I do realize that they're only one fourth the price). Thanks.

16. kubrick555

kubrick555 Senior member

I've tried on the black ones in the petit standard cut. But my problem with them is that inseam is shorter - in a 28 it's like 32.5 inches or something. So it's basically a different cut, doesn't look as good on me, because it looks like I'm wearing tights.

Details were nice on it though. Just a shame about the inseam.

17. kubrick555

kubrick555 Senior member

I stand corrected about my previous statement regarding not having to size down 2 - my petit standard blues were a 29 (bought two years ago), but I went down to a 28 for my pair of blacks.

They stretched out so fast and feel about the same. So yeah, APCs are fuckin' annoying to size properly.

18. dan138zig

dan138zig Senior member

yes it'll be noticeable. i'm afraid 27 will look like cheap mondays on you. on you. what's your weight n height if u dont mind me asking?

Last edited: May 25, 2014
  19. nineohtoo

nineohtoo Senior member

Thanks man. I just looked at my jeans and they're actually 26s...

20. dan138zig

dan138zig Senior member

if you dont mind me asking what is your true waist size? I'm 30 and NS 26 crushes my penis and phone.