1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. einstine

einstine Senior member

edit

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  2. jm22

jm22 Senior member

Thanks to everyone who has contributed sizing feedback on this thread. I bought a pair of PNS in raw black from Mr Porter, in size 33. I'm a true size 34 and tend to size down to 32 for N&F jeans. I like the fit of the PNS for my thighs but I can button up with relative ease. Based on the feedback on this thread I'm guessing size 33 is still a bit too large for me so I think I'll be returning them. Shame, got them for a good price.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  3. Aryeah

Aryeah Active Member

I recently purchases a pair of NS size 30. I have big thighs and calves like a hockey player. I was wondering if the fit is ok. Anything with more taper would not fit over my calves in this size. If I size up the waist is too big. what does anyone think? sould I tried the PNS instead?

Sorry about the color. They are much darker since I've only been wearing them for 1 week.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. masshi

masshi Senior member

thighs might be too tight on a 32

if you like how they look now but are worried about the waist stretching out, wear a belt

thighs won't really stretch

5. einstine

einstine Senior member

6. Aryeah

Aryeah Active Member

Mabye it's the pictures, but the thighs were pretty sung around the top when I got them. They are starting to losen up, but if I went a size smaller they probably wouldn't fit around the calves..

7. azif

azif Senior member

If I'm size 30 in raw indigo PS. What size should I get in raw black NS?

8. kentpope

kentpope Senior member

I'm curious to hear from others who have done this after they've been wearing their raw APCs for awhile but before the first wash. If you've done this, would you do it again? I am mostly concerned about some indigo loss but if this is going to decrease the likelihood of damage/holes/blowout, I'm willing to consider.

I've been wearing mine about 3-4 times a week since I bought them about two months ago. As of now, there's not much fading or anything.

9. wizzeak

wizzeak Senior member

I think they would appear to fit better if you hemmed them. The bunching up from the knee under is probably what's throwing the fit off. If you want to keep the cuff because you like the way it looks I personally still think you hem them so there's little to no stacking when you cuff them.

10. einstine

einstine Senior member

I would go for a different brand then, Samurai, or Iron Heart make really nice cuts for bigger dudes, becuase the NS your wearing are not flattering your build.

11. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Senior member

This Fall/winter APC released a Ma-1 made of 90% wool and 10% poly. Can anyone comment on the quality and sizing of the jacket?

12. Working Stiff

Working Stiff Senior member

^i tried that on. felt like good quality. fits small

13. jacksonn

jacksonn Well-Known Member

Your frequency of wear is about the same as mine, although I have tried to up it in recent months. I cold soaked my Petit Standard after about 5-6 months of wear - up till that point there had been hardly any fading. That's the only wash they've had. The length on the leg shrunk by about an inch after the soak. The waist shrank but stretched back. I'm now at about 10-11 months and the fading is really starting to happen now. The denim is softer since the soak - that's unavoidable, but they still have that raw denim look and I will definitely go down the cold soak route again when they need cleaning. Re: indigo loss, APC recommends you put a splash of Woolite black in when soaking. I didn't bother - I want them to develop some obvious wear, but not go too far. In fact I might start cutting back on how often I wear them.

14. xxxamazexxx

xxxamazexxx Senior member

So I just checked out the APC store in SoHo for the first time today... and I'm hooked! Can't believe it took me that long to find out about APC. I have always been a fan of Club Monaco so APC clicks with me pretty easily. Love their shirts and jackets, very minimal, yet there's an elegance about them that stands out.

Their sizing seems a bit peculiar though. I tried on a small jacket and a medium and both of them are very tight across the back, yet the shoulder and everything else fits perfectly. Is this characteristic of APC? Also, while their jackets seem to fit slim their shirts are rather relaxed. I like the slouchiness though.

15. jacksonn

jacksonn Well-Known Member

Agree - their shirts always seem generous but the jackets are slightly small. APC shirts are great though - standard minimalist design.

16. oldskl

oldskl Member

link?

i got last seasons bomber, 65% viscose one. fit was great and really comfy. though it was dry clean only

i took it to the dry cleaners once. and it messed up the bottom bit of the jacket that 'tightens' it to your body and made it all loose.

now if i wear it unzipped it looks all loose ans unfitted from the back :(

edit: this is it

http://www.apc.fr/wwuk/men/casual-j.../colour-navy-blue_dBA00003082-BV00303999.html

Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  17. wizzeak

wizzeak Senior member

my ns are too tight when trying to step/climb up onto high objects. waist and thighs are a bit tight as well but I'm not too worried about that as I can see them stretching enough. don't see how the limited range of motion will be fixed though. disappointing but we'll see I guess.

18. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

Sign #7 that you may have sized down too much:
    Socks - you have to remember to put socks on before the pants becuase once the pants are on you can't bend down or lift your knee up to put on the socks because the pants are sooo tight. And you have to take off the socks (somehow) before you take off the jeans because they're so tapered that the mere friction between socks and jeans will prevent them from being pried off, whereas the smooth surface of your feet lets the pants finally pop and slither off your legs after much struggling.

1 person likes this.
  19. wizzeak

wizzeak Senior member

^not sure how literal that was supposed be but I can take them off and put them on fine, just fairly restricted when lifting up the knee. I can lift them to 90deg and its tight.

on another pair of jeans which I consider to fit me as good as its going to get, I can get a few inches higher and by then its flexibility holding me back not so much the pants

I probably would have been better off sizing up 1 but its too late now. ill see where it takes me after a few weeks of wear (might be a while since I won't wear them that often)

Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  20. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

nah just messin, well sort of. It was about me. and it's true :embar: