• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Bryan_Funfetti

Reaction score
Any stretch at all? If not, I'm gonna order two sizes down to account for vanity sizing and nothing else. I prefer a looser fit to a tighter one.

swiss-jeansfreak

Reaction score
If you really like the looser vanity sizing style be carefull with sizing down too much.

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So sized down 4 on NS, the waist is starting to feel good, but there's some slight tightness/constriction around the crotch/ and behind area. With this area stretch?

lckychrmsbboy

Reaction score
any area of the denim that has pressure/force applied to it will stretch. How do you guys perceive sizing down? Like if you're a true 30 waist and you say you sized down 2...does that mean you got a 26? I know how I look at it but when reading some of these post I'm not really sure how much a person really sized down since some say they sized down 2 when they bought a tag size 28. To me that's going TTS.

That wasn't meant to be sizing advice either so please don't get bent b/c I know I get a little frustrated with all the sizing questions. Just trying to get a better understanding of people's fit pics.

transient

Reaction score
^^
Adding massive confusion to the thread

/highfive

Tagged Size To Buy = True Waist - 2

If you start compensating for vanity sizing when talking about sizing down it gets really confusing.

89andy

Reaction score

any area of the denim that has pressure/force applied to it will stretch. How do you guys perceive sizing down? Like if you're a true 30 waist and you say you sized down 2...does that mean you got a 26?  I know how I look at it but when reading some of these post I'm not really sure how much a person really sized down since some say they sized down 2 when they bought a tag size 28. To me that's going TTS.

That wasn't meant to be sizing advice either so please don't get bent b/c I know I get a little frustrated with all the sizing questions. Just trying to get a better understanding of people's fit pics. 

The true meaning of sizing down is the amount of inches you are sizing down compared to your true waist. So if your waist is 30, your true size for APC is a size 28. Sizing down 2 would mean a size 26. However, other brands may not have vanity sizing so in those cases a size 28 is already sizing down 2. Everyone gets mixed up on what sizing down means though, so take whatever people say with a grain of salt unless they specifically said what their true waist is and what size they got. Simply saying "sizing down 2" is just going to confuse everyone.

Vaio

Reaction score
idk what the hell you guys are doin with your jeans.

Im a true 28-29 waist and i bought a sz 27.... and ive been wearing them for the past 5 monthes, still dont need a belt or anything

tangential

Reaction score
I need a 30~30.5" waistband (measured fully aligned) on my denim regardless of brand. A size 28 NS has a 30" waistband. So I went down to a size 26 NS which has a 28" waistband (in other words, 2 sizes down).

After ~4 days of wearing around the house, the waistband now measures 30". I could have easily accomplished the same result with a size 27, but I wanted the slightly narrower hem that the 26 provides (7" vs 7.25").

Last edited:

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm I the only one digging APC clothing? Been looking at some of their outerwear and it looks nice, but have no idea about sizing (emailed APC but they're worthless). What's the quality of the wool like? How's Sizing ? have a 39.5 inch chest and 17 inch shoulders, 5'8, 160 llb's-- I'd assume I'm a medium?

Any help would be great. Specfically I'm looking at the wool coat with fur collar.

http://needsupply.com/mens/brands/a-p-c/blouson-col-fourrure-amov.html

89andy

Reaction score

idk what the hell you guys are doin with your jeans.
Im a true 28-29 waist and i bought a sz 27.... and ive been wearing them for the past 5 monthes, still dont need a belt or anything

My true is 31.5 and I wear size 29's too. Petit Standard is slim as is, I don't know how people size down too much without them looking like leggings.

89andy

Reaction score

I'm I the only one digging APC clothing? Been looking at some of their outerwear and it looks nice, but have no idea about sizing (emailed APC but they're worthless). What's the quality of the wool like? How's Sizing ? have a 39.5 inch chest and 17 inch shoulders, 5'8, 160 llb's-- I'd assume I'm a medium?
Any help would be great. Specfically I'm looking at the wool coat with fur collar.
http://needsupply.com/mens/brands/a-p-c/blouson-col-fourrure-amov.html

Most likely a medium. Mr.porter has fit pics of APC clothing and the dude's build is probably similar to you (although taller). Perhaps you can take a look at those.

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So sized down 4 on NS, the waist is starting to feel good, but there's some slight tightness/constriction around the crotch/ and behind area. With this area stretch?

i went down 4, true waist 32 and bought a 28. just do some lunges, knee bends, run up stairs rather than take escalators. they should stretch.
as for outerwear, i have no experience of that jacket., but apc has a pretty bizarre fit IMO. certainly the tweed blazers i tried on this season were trim on the shoulders and wide in the body. to give you an idea, im 5'10 and 155, with pretty broad shoulders. the size s blazer was good in the shoulders but strangely boxy in the body.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 37.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 84 38.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.3%

Forum statistics

Threads