1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. DJosey

DJosey Well-Known Member

I'm 5'9" around 148 lbs. I have a 28 Petit Standard that's tight on the thighs now. My question is, is there a huge difference between the size 28 Petit Standard and the size 29 Petit Standard? I'm thinking the 29 will be my next purchase.

2. jackalope

jackalope New Member

I'm 5' 7", would I fit in a size small shearling parka? [​IMG]

3. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

Petite standards are always going to be tight on anyone with regular sized thighs unless you size up two.

Try petite new standards. Jack you need xs

4. Patrick Chan

Patrick Chan Member

Ditto. I would definitely go with PNS--it tapers about the same, but with more top block space.

5. click here

click here Senior member

Are my New Standards ready for their first wash?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Started wearing them at the beginning of the year but only for 2 times per week max.
    Not seeing much fade but I just want to wash them so that I can get them tapered and hemmed.

6. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

The answer is the same as the answer to this question: do they smell bad?

7. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

Air them outside for one two days if they smell bad.

8. ktown

ktown Senior member

Hi all can you please help me choose a style and size? I took these photos in the Nordstrom dressing room so the lighting conditions are what they are.

29 New Standard (fit right at waist, thigh tight but ok, a bit of room at calf)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I didn't have any issues with buttoning up the buttons. It was a snug fit but it wasn't the death grip on my waist.

Here is the 29 Petite Standard

[​IMG]

These felt super tight. It was a struggle to get the last button through. I'm not a big fan of super skinny jeans but I felt these looked pretty good. I'm still leaning toward the NS. But from what I've read, I should not be able to button up the last button or it should be difficult at best. For the NS, I was able to button up the last button without much struggle. It fit right at my waist. With both jeans, the thigh was tight, a bit more so with the PS's. The larger waist sizes had too much room, and they didn't have any 28's.

My normal jeans size is 32x30 with belt. Here are some Levi's slim fit that I wore to the store in 32x30.

[​IMG]

So what are your thoughts on best fit for me?

Also as a side note, this is my first foray into selvedge, raw denim. These motherf'ers were stiff lol.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2013
  9. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

10. ktown

ktown Senior member

I don't know if this is a sarcastic comment or not. Any opinion on the APC jeans? I'm looking for something a bit higher quality than my Levi's.

11. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

If you can close them and they are not super tight, they are too big.

12. ktown

ktown Senior member

In that case I should look at a 28 NS or 29 PS correct? The 29 PS above was very tight and I almost couldn't get the last button done.

13. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Never had a pair of apc I could button the top button on inside the shop.

14. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

I disagree. Go with the smallest size that you can still button. They'll only stretch as needed, and sizing down too much for the waist may leave you stuck with painted on thighs. 29 looks pretty good to me.

1 person likes this.
  15. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

I have fairly large thighs due to squatting and I haven't had a problem, with any of my NS's.

16. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

you tell that man to pick a pair that he can't button up i guarantee you he will have painted on thighs. the worst part is he will walk around looking fabulous for who knows how long before he realizes it. the ps looked really bad on him the calf to thigh ratio is bad. even the ns fit the thighs look tight.

thighs don't stretch a lot in most decent denim if anything he'll be lucky to get .5 stretch that ps fit is still terrible. he needs a lot more room in the top block for sure this is why the levis looked a lot better on him that is probably what 501? regardless what that levis is its more of a regular cut it on him balancing out his whole look.

yes sometimes i sound sarcastic but i'm trying to give some real advice. if you want something higher quality than your levis get a cut that is the same ie a repro cut of levis or some made in usa levis from lvc.

1 person likes this.
  17. ktown

ktown Senior member

The Levi's are 513's - Slim Fit. I bought them a couple years ago and I'm fairly certain the numbers have now changed and the same cut (Slim Fit) is now called a 511. 501's and Slim Straight are way too baggy on me. I am a slim guy at 5'9" and 150lbs.

I'm confused. I've read a lot of pages of this thread, I've gone to the store to try on lots of pairs today, and now I'm getting conflicting advice on here. FWIW I don't think the 29 NS's look that bad on me aside from needing a hem.

18. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Fortunately he is looking to buy APC instead :hide: My thighs did stretch some for what it's worth. You have a point about these cuts perhaps not being the best option for him though.

19. Patrick Chan

Patrick Chan Member

damn, you're awesome. but really the thighs won't ever stretch much--don't chance it I'd say. I'm ordering a pair that I can button up with ease, but I squat a lot and have pretty large thighs.

20. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

Have someone take a photo of you in the ns instead of selfie in the mirror.