• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Pngwyn

Reaction score
Anyone know how well I can get fades if I buy used APC about 2 months old?

I really want the jeans to crease and fade to my body, and they look fairly new, but there is already pre-existing honeycombing/creases.. will this significantly affect the fading process if they are still a dark indigo?

Last edited:

y7bbb6

Reaction score
^
You're fine. They're obviously not going to have purely original fading, but they have two months out of two (+) years of wear on them. If it matters enough to you (as it does to most), you should shell out for a new pair. Raw denim is an experience. Your choice.

Last edited:

swiss-jeansfreak

Reaction score
^^
If they're still in never washed raw condition and not really heavy used on a construction job, the 2 month pre wear won't affect your own fading results. Even when you have quite a different body shape / length you can't go wrong that much with them

Last edited:

JMarsh

Reaction score
So I've scanned this thread a little, but I just want to make sure; if you're going for a skinny fit throughout, then go with the PS, right?

JMarsh

Reaction score
Also (another n00b question), what do you guys do about stacking/length? I'm 5' 10" so the PS are long on me. Do you just cuff 'em or take them in to get hemmed?

insuo

Reaction score
PS is really skinny knee down, has a tiny leg opening. NC is skinny at the thighs, more so than PS (which is similar to NS at the thighs).

lesbianavant

Reaction score
Anyone know how well I can get fades if I buy used APC about 2 months old?
I really want the jeans to crease and fade to my body, and they look fairly new, but there is already pre-existing honeycombing/creases.. will this significantly affect the fading process if they are still a dark indigo?

Just iron them out well to try and get the preexisting creases out which don't look like they have much fading then just wear the **** out of them - since they're only 2 months old and barely have any fading going on the new fades you add to them will completely take over the old ones. Enjoy your APCs mate!

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
apparition i think why its tougher for you to sell it is because of the size. i remember when i sold my apc new standards size 25 which was practically new it took forever and i ended up selling them for $55 shipped and the guy still had the nerve to try to low ball me even more until i told him to go take his hard earned cash and buy some mall brand jeans. then he proceeded to quickly cop them lol?

*#..

Reaction score
Size 26 is really small, not many people here can fit them. Try selling on sufu or find a girl to buy them off you.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads