1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. bik2101

bik2101 Senior member

i do agree that the top block fits a bit weird and isn't as comfortable as ps, but if he's looking specifically for the measurements he posted, it would probably be a good option for him to check.

1 person likes this.
  2. hennree

hennree Senior member

Going to order my first pair of APC's tonight. Anyone know of somewhere that ships to the UK with free delivery / free returns? Just in case I get the sizing wrong on the first go...

Decided i'll be going to the New Cures over the Petit Standards as I have skinny thighs and I think the NC's are slimmer overall. Normally wear 32" so will order 30" I guess.

3. l1mab3an

l1mab3an Senior member

One more thing in regards to my specific wg's and petit standard. While the top thigh might measure .3 inches slimmer in the p.s., the knee is actually a bit roomier then my weird guy, which results in a slightly less severe taper and works much better for my muscular thighs. With both pairs I need to wear a belt to accommodate my thighs.

4. Groves

Groves Senior member

Isn't that exactly what you want?

5. bik2101

bik2101 Senior member

i think he wants the thighs to be roomier (11.5)

6. lyxicon

lyxicon Well-Known Member

I took some more accurate measurements and I think 11'' in the thighs might actually be enough. My N&F SG is barely 10.5. 11'' would give me 1'' of extra room.

Did anyone figure out the waist sizing mystery? Did they change it or are contextclothing measurements inaccurate? I got this table from my local denim shop:

[​IMG]

As opposed to context:

[​IMG]

bik2101, do you remember what the actual waist of your 29 PS was?

7. bik2101

bik2101 Senior member

i never measured it when i first got them. if i had to guess though, i'd say they were about 30 to start off.

8. lyxicon

lyxicon Well-Known Member

So I guess context waist measurements are more accurate.

9. naths

naths Well-Known Member

Sorry this is a little irrelevant. Does anyone know if the NS were once made in Tunisia? I have a pair and am not sure if these are actually the NS or any other fit..?

10. Leather

Leather Senior member

Well, does it say New Standard on the tag?

11. bik2101

bik2101 Senior member

looks to be that way. i know in the past they were always way off but seems to be they have corrected things.

12. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

My old New Standards finally shrunk too much in the dryer to wear anymore, need to replace it. Do they fit slimmer now? If I was a 32 from 3 years ago should I buy a 33 now?

13. naths

naths Well-Known Member

Yeah, the tag on the inside says New Standard. I'm just wondering about the country of manufacture since most APCs I've seen are made in either Macau or Vietnam. Judging from the $160 price tag, as opposed to the current $185, they may have been from the earlier batch, no? :)

14. badeggcat

badeggcat Senior member

Just to add to the messed up sizing, I have a pair of Petit Standard, purchased from Context in mid 2012. Tag size is 26". One soak. Current waist measurement is 30".

15. bik2101

bik2101 Senior member

whattt? this is a brand new pair, unworn??

16. patepossu

patepossu Member

Just received my replacement pair for two year old NS's and I can confirm that the sizing is still the same. Went up one size and they fit perfectly like I expect they would.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  17. badeggcat

badeggcat Senior member

Nope. Worn pair. When new it was probably around 28". I do wonder if it will shrink back in the next wash.

18. bik2101

bik2101 Senior member

oh okok. i've defintiely heard/seen posts where people have had their apcs stretch 3-4" in the waist

19. hennree

hennree Senior member

Hey guys!

Just got my first pair of APC's, went for the Petit Standard. I normally wear 30"-31" waist jeans so went for the 29" tagged size.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Do you guys think these fit okay? I can get them buttoned up okay and they're tight (struggle to get hands in pockets) but comfortable.

I was after a fit like these;

http://i.imgur.com/ZlVJImvl.jpg (Synthese)

They look skinnier to me. Do you guys think I should size down one more to achieve that look? or am I ok?

20. bik2101

bik2101 Senior member

imo, fit looks perfect. slim but not too tight. and looks like perfect amount of room in the thighs to remain comfortable.