1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Time for a new brand then, APC is just gateway anyways

1 person likes this.
  2. Ossington

Ossington Active Member

Are there any official (not stockists) APC stores in Spain or the Netherlands?

3. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

yea sizing is off a lot of the times

4. ctkim

ctkim Well-Known Member

has anyone had experience tapering their apcs at the ankle? i bought the apc new standards and wish they were slightly more tapered at the bottom.

5. ThArtOfWardrobe

ThArtOfWardrobe Senior member

Thank you, but I actually wore these for a month before hemming to let them stretch out before taking them to the tailor. However I was under the impression that soaking them prior to 6 months of wearing would prevent me from getting good fades. Is that true or is washing the only thing I should wait to do? If I should have soaked them is it too late to do so after wearing them for almost 2 months? Obviously I'm new to raw denim...thanks in advance for your help.

6. jeannoob

jeannoob Senior member

It's good to keep your jeans clean to prevent crotch tears and such, I don't really recommend 6 month soaks/washes. I soaked my APCs after like 2 months and they turned out perfectly fine. You can use colder water to prevent dye loss.

7. K2793

K2793 Senior member

I soaked a new pair of NS I just received before wearing. Now the texture is soft just like a regular pair of washed denim. Should it feel this way or should it still be stiff? I guess I'm just a little surprised. I also think I preferred the rigid feel to get the creases and fades started. I'm a bit concerned but if they should feel pretty soft then I guess that's fine

8. Dapp

Dapp Senior member

^Re soaking: I think you should be ok, but the fact that they're softer now might put a damper on some of the fading.

Speaking of fading, here's two shots of my NS that I've had for 3 1/2 months. The fades are a little more pronounced than this, but the lighting from my window washed them out some. (Excuse the crotch).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. minimal

minimal Senior member

Does that mean you think the 34" ones I'm seeing now are out of the norm? I.e. I might see them back at the 35.5" length if I check again?

@Dbear - OK I'll bite. The spec is: NS fit, no visible embelleshments/patches/tags of any kind, inseam 35.5" or longer. I liked the denim from APC - without washing it would turn this polished silvery finish and was not too light and not too heavy. So what's all available that fits that spec, "beyond the gate"?

10. jeannoob

jeannoob Senior member

Don't worry about it, you'll be fine. As you wear them, the wrinkles and creases will still set in regardless (especially since they're still brand new). Also, APCs get softer (to the point where they are one of my most comfortable jeans) but the fades will still happen as they lose their dye pretty easily. Just wear them regularly and give them a wash/soak every 2-3 months and you should be golden.

11. lorkp

lorkp Member

Fit pic:

Petit in size 33. I'm worried that the fit is too tight in the thigh and knee area—lends my figure less masculine profile with ma' curves.

What do you think?

[​IMG]

12. bringatowel

bringatowel Active Member

Does anyone know how the sizing of Petit Standard cords are similar or different to Petit Standard denim? I would assume that you would size up from your denim size because the corduroy won't stretch as much, but I'd love a definitive answer.

13. ThArtOfWardrobe

ThArtOfWardrobe Senior member

Thanks man. How does keeping them clean prevent crotch tears?

14. Local_Disk

Local_Disk Senior member

Long wear loosens and stretches the fibers, and washing them tightens them again.

15. Chubbs

Chubbs Senior member

Just got my NS in the mail. They are very nice, but I'm unsure about the fit. I sized down to a 31 (normally a 32). They are a little tight in the waist but with a some stretch will be fine. My concern is with my thighs, which are pretty muscular. Right now they fit too tight for my taste, but was wondering how much stretch I can expect. From alot of the posts I've read people don't experience much of any stretch in the thighs. If that's the case I would consider picking up a pair of rescues and just going down another size. I've posted some fit pics, appreciate any feedback.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

16. Dirty Denim

Dirty Denim Senior member

17. Vaio

Vaio Senior member

Chakmak- I wore my APCs for 1.5+ years, and experienced barely any stretch in the thighs. If the tightness in the thighs bothers you, you're probably best off getting a different pair.

18. Chubbs

Chubbs Senior member

I was worried that would be the case. That sucks since they fit great everywhere else. I guess I'll return and give the rescues a shot.

19. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Solution would be a different brand, no rescues

20. Chubbs

Chubbs Senior member

What makes you say that? Rescues are more relaxed right?

What other brands do you think would be a better fit for bigger thighs?