1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. sambodini

sambodini Active Member

I'd say if they are uncomfortable in the thigh when standing you may not have the right size. They will stretch a bit, but won't become baggy really. Also try kneeling down and spreading your legs - if those two things are difficult and you like being mobile, you might reconsider that size.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  2. lckychrmsbboy

lckychrmsbboy Senior member

You called them recently? My size 27 is now their size 28 measurements since they changed their chart not long ago. I'm still confused as to why they changed it since ppl are saying other stores have not heard anything about APC changing their sizes.

I just suggest anyone to call and have them measure the size they are thinking about getting

3. Dsaun

Dsaun Member

Yup called them yesterday. He personally measured the jeans for me. Also the leg opening on mine is a 6.25 rather than the 6 on the site. I'm guessing they changed it recently around march(?) of this year. The funny thing is, the customer service guy at context thought the ps was still vanity sized unit he measured them. He was pretty shocked. Yeah I recommend calling as well.

4. omfghaxz0rs

omfghaxz0rs New Member

I got my first pair of APC, size 26 in petite standard.
    Two questions; How's the fit? and to stack or cuff.
    [​IMG]

5. Dsaun

Dsaun Member

fits on point to me, maybe hem it a bit. whats your height and weight? i should be getting mine in tuesday

6. omfghaxz0rs

omfghaxz0rs New Member

I am around 5'9 and 135 pounds. I was worried the thighs wouldn't fit, because I'm a track sprinter.
    But overall I'm very happy with the fit. I wore them overnight, and the waist feels so much better. I definitely recommend doing so if you size down 2 sizes.

7. Dsaun

Dsaun Member

wow now im a bit concerned now because im 5 ft 8 120 pounds

8. TauKappaEpsilon

TauKappaEpsilon Senior member

Looks ok to me. I'd hem them after a few weeks. How are you able to fit your foot through the leg opening to get the pants off?

9. Liam123

Liam123 Well-Known Member

I got a pair of light worn PS size 27. Only tried on a couple of times. Looking to trade for new cure in the same size. Just PM if you are interested in a trade :)

10. Jobst

Jobst Senior member

Can anyone recommend a jean (APC or otherwise) that fits similarly to the NS, but with less room in the seat?

11. ac_slater

ac_slater Senior member

I don't think you have to hem those. Some people like the super stacked look. If it bothers you then yeah. hem away.

12. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Senior member

so the petit new standard does exist after all. i only tried them on quickly but it's an interesting fit: low rise, slouchy top block, and then a severe taper to a tiny hem (around 6.5" on size 30, so a half inch smaller than ps).

this is a size 30, same as i take in normal ps. i'm 5'11, 170

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  13. seven7seven

seven7seven Senior member

I have some 32x36 Nudie Slim Jim in Dry Broken Twill that are BNWT that don't fit me if anyone is interested

14. lckychrmsbboy

lckychrmsbboy Senior member

they look good!

And Seven7, you in the wrong thread buddy

15. robinsongreen68

if you mean mine, then yeah i quite liked the fit, was in a hurry so left them but think i might get them today. ill post more/better pics if anyone's interested.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  16. raginberriodoom

raginberriodoom Senior member

robinsongreen68, the petit new standards you're wearing look like raw denim? Were there any washed denim versions (or any other fabrics)?

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  17. robinsongreen68

18. Simion505

Simion505 Senior member

19. stafa

stafa Senior member

What cut would resemble a Levis 514 (Slim Straight)? I could deal with a little taper as well, but don't want skinny. Would this be the PS?

20. hiharry626

hiharry626 Well-Known Member

I'd say new standard ^