1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

i'd like to know as well

2. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

Thanks, guess it's safer to just get measurements before ordering. If I want a regular straight fit that isn't too tight and I need a waist that ends up around 34.5" - 35" after all the stretching, should I get something that measures 33" to start or will that be nut crunching?

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  3. Therendition

Therendition Senior member

With the 20% off for VAT from Tres Bien Shop, they come down to $157.20 shipped to the US.

4. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

need supply always has a discount code

5. a

a Member

In the past I bought new standard on line, which were perfect in the waist at size 29.
    I find, however, the low to mid-rise too restricting in leg movement - when a leg is raised .
    Can anyone rec a similar quality/price jean with a freer movement?

6. JPJ 92

JPJ 92 New Member

Hey all, first poster here so be kind!

Basically, around 6 months ago I purchased a pair of used size 29 PS off ebay, I already owned a pair of GT Nudies which I was really enjoying breaking in and wearing but had decided that I would like a second pair of jeans that were perhaps a more skinny fit to wear every now and again. So after a few weeks of scouting I managed to pick up some PS sized down 2 for an absolute bargain, they arrived and seemed it good condition (perhaps not a perfect fit by any means (need a belt etc), but you get what you pay for!) and all was pretty much well.

My question is, that after 6 months of rotation with my nudies, they have now developed a nasty smell and are in desperate need of a wash... However, they have nowhere near the six months of dedicated wear recommended by most dry denim enthusiasts. Despite this they are very, VERY soft feeling compared to my nudies, I have no idea how many times they had been washed by the previous owner and after how long he had worn or owned them. Bearing in mind they had some subtle fading and the soft feeling when they arrived and I have personally probs given them 3-4 months of dedicated wear personally, would you suggest I give them a low temperature (woolite dark etc) wash now, or leave it a bit longer?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: also bare in mind I will probably only be able to purchase a brand new pair of PS for myself to break in, in at least 2 years I suppose... (Uni has sapped all my funds!)

[​IMG][​IMG]

7. kartoshka

kartoshka Member

Hey guys, please help me with a fit check. I bought these new standards about two months ago from TBS (worn ~5 times a week), and they definitely stretched out a lot.

I am 6'1/6'2, 175 lbs, true waist of 33 1/2. These are tagged size 31 ns. I feel like they have gotten pretty baggy and was wondering whether a size 30 would have been better? Anyone willing to trade?

(the waist stretched out to a perfect size.. the thighs are too big :( )

http://imgur.com/ZOK1J

http://imgur.com/vFdTy

http://imgur.com/KChPx

8. Vaio

Vaio Senior member

The PS might have been better for you. Either a 30/31.

9. lemmywinks

lemmywinks Senior member

Just got my sized down 2 APC... (I'm a 32). I'm surprised how big the 30s fit. Some discomfort in the waist, and sort of a slim straight through the leg. It was kind of the fit I was looking for. Quality is solid, fit is good. I understand why it's so highly recommended.

10. lowk

lowk Senior member

Has anyone bought the s/s 2012 summer noir petit standards? are they the same as the washed black petit standards listed on some sites? How dark are these jeans? do they fade at all?

11. Elysium

Elysium Senior member

What would be the inseam length for a pair of New Cures in size 28? 34 inches?

12. lowcashflow

lowcashflow Member

Another first poster here.

Because of the stink, terrible stains and general dirt and grime, I've had to wash my 8 month old New Standards. But during the 8 months I've worth them, I'd say that they've only gotten about 4-5 months of real wear. As a result the wash hasn't really produced the fades I've desired as there has only been some really light fades at the whiskers, combs and the knees, nothing noticable.

My question is will I get stronger fades with time of wear? Or have I completely screwed up the process?

Thanks SF.

13. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

what the fuck is wrong with you people?

3 people like this.
  14. Vaio

Vaio Senior member

You probably won't have those super prominent fades, but you'll still be able to get fades.

15. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Senior member

awful picture but i just washed these and like the way they're fading. new standards sized down 4

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 21, 2012
  16. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

I have the NS, not the PS, but I'd say a) they're pretty dark, though not quite black, and b) I wouldn't expect much fading from overdyed jeans in general. Not familiar with the washed black PS listed on other sites. If they're overdyes, selvage, and made in Japan, it's a pretty safe bet that they're the same thing.
    :wow:

17. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Senior member

:) well i measure 32" and they are tagged 28, i never know if that is sized down 4 or 2.

18. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

Did you measure around the place where you wear your jeans or around your "true" waist, which is the narrowest point on your torso?

19. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

If you believe you sized down 4 on those jeans, then you're probably measuring wrong to begin with. :uhoh:

20. max_r

max_r Senior member

my 28 NS measure 34, just sayin