A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. bsyde82

bsyde82 Senior member

haha yes i figured that, but they charge a ridiculous amt for shipping, just looking for other options

plus, they dont show that the item is available for sale online, but i have yet to call them

2. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

You might want to go to APCs website to determine who sells it in your area. My experience with APC is that not all resellers carry even close to their entire product line, though. Also, I don't find that $15 shipping is that ridiculous, to be honest, especially considering you won't be paying sales tax. I would give SW a call.

3. bsyde82

bsyde82 Senior member

You might want to go to APCs website to determine who sells it in your area. My experience with APC is that not all resellers carry even close to their entire product line, though. Also, I don't find that $15 shipping is that ridiculous, to be honest, especially considering you won't be paying sales tax. I would give SW a call.

oh. i was lookin to cop a pair of their cords last nite and the shipping showed up as 27+ online for some reason...perhaps there was a mistake

4. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

oh. i was lookin to cop a pair of their cords last nite and the shipping showed up as 27+ online for some reason...perhaps there was a mistake

Call them.

5. dtmt

dtmt Senior member

where can i cop that light auburn/orange or whatever the hell color apc v-neck on south willard's website?

Have you tried Blackbird?

6. bsyde82

bsyde82 Senior member

Have you tried Blackbird?

yea i go to blackbird a few times a month....i don't really scour the store everytime i visit, but as far as i can recall, i havent come across apc sweaters as of late

7. dyv

dyv Member

can anyone post info on the first wash ?

i think its about time (think)...

8. ipractice

ipractice Senior member

Quick question on APC's:

Planning on purchasing the NS from Denimbar, but apparently they only come in ##x34.

I'm 5'10~ (probably close to 5'11 now), and generally when I buy jeans I go for 30x30. I already understand what I have to do for waist size with APC but for length... I think those extra 4 inches will be way too long. I don't usually fold up my jeans like many people do here at SF, but I like the look and I don't mind doing so - and if I were white shoes, or any light color shoes the indigo might mess up my shoes right? So is it almost mandatory to fold up raw jeans? Still, isn't 4" way too much? Do they come in any other size then 34"?

9. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Quick question on APC's:

Planning on purchasing the NS from Denimbar, but apparently they only come in ##x34.

I'm 5'10~ (probably close to 5'11 now), and generally when I buy jeans I go for 30x30. I already understand what I have to do for waist size with APC but for length... I think those extra 4 inches will be way too long. I don't usually fold up my jeans like many people do here at SF, but I like the look and I don't mind doing so - and if I were white shoes, or any light color shoes the indigo might mess up my shoes right? So is it almost mandatory to fold up raw jeans? Still, isn't 4" way too much? Do they come in any other size then 34"?

It's not illegal to hem jeans.

10. ipractice

ipractice Senior member

It's not illegal to hem jeans.

[​IMG]

I'm just curious as to how they would fit as they are.

11. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

[​IMG]

I'm just curious as to how they would fit as they are.

If you wear a 30 inseam they will obviously be too long and will need to be hemmed, as the inseam is more like 35" than 34". You don't have to hem them to have zero break, hemming them a couple inches will give you stacking while being more manageable. I believe my NS are hemmed to about 33" inseam while my normal inseam is 31".

[​IMG]

12. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

if i wear a 33 in nudies rrds....do i go for a 31 in rescue if i want a similar fit to the nudies?

Depends how tight the RRDS are. 30 or 31 would be the size, tho.

13. WatchGuy

WatchGuy Senior member

Quick question on APC's:

Get them hemmed 2 inches and you will be fine. It will give you the option to cuff or wear with just a little break. I am the same height as you and my jeans need to be 32" (I used to wear 30" and now I find that too short). Plus, when you wash them they will shrink in length a little.

14. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Yea my rrds arent tight..i dont wear them tight....i bought some size 30 rescues and didtn work out for me....thought they were too tight...so not sure if 31 would do the trick..what you think?

They probably weren't too tight. APC stretch an enormous amount, you just have to wear them even though they feel tight and they'll stretch to a comfortable fit.

15. ipractice

ipractice Senior member

Thanks for the reply Drizzt.

Just measured myself and I came out as W31. The thing is, I always buy jeans W30 and most of them I now cannot wear without a belt (they fall off from all the extra room). Am I doing something wrong in measuring, or did they all just stretch out like hell? I'm measuring exactly where I want my jeans to fit on the hip, not the waist, and I don't have any layers on to make the measurment innacurate (only fairly thing boxers).

And if I'm going for APC NS (two sizes down), assuming I'm W31 without mistake, would a W28 or W29 be preferable for a slim fit look? (But not skinny look!) And aside from hemming, I heard a hot soak (for how long?) can shrink it by maybe .5" to 1". Can anyone confirm this?