1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. copulos

copulos Member

Hey guys. Bought a pair of New Cure in sz 28. They fit beautifully, but are too long. Before I wear them, should I soak them? Or is that not required

with these jeans? Also, I may get them hemmed a bit since i'm pretty short (5'6") and they're super long on me. Should I wait until after the first dry

cleaning 6 months from now before I hem them ? I think I've read something about doing that. Thanks!

2. ibitegirls

ibitegirls Well-Known Member

Chino Pant Beige

• [​IMG]

APC Chino fits like a glove. this is size 30 (medium)

Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
  3. freddych

freddych Senior member

My law firm just went to jeans-casual fridays. To celebrate, I bought two new pairs of new standards that won't button all the way up. Not looking forward to the 1-2 weeks that is required to stretch them out...

4. limousine

limousine Well-Known Member

Can anyone advise how the grey Petit Standard fits in comparison to the raw indigo?

5. systematic

systematic Senior member

Which ones, got a link?

The Barney exclusive grey's are sized the same as the raw indigo's. I haven't bought them, just compared them in store...

6. limousine

limousine Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
  7. Quinatt

Quinatt Member

Ok, first pair of APC NS's. Got them on, fit tight but they are stretching, finally got the top button buttoned. Im kinda pissed. These things are short. I thought the inseam was supposed to be 34? mine maybe measure 33 at most. Im 6'1 and I am realizing that these are gonna suck unless they magically stretch in length by an inch at least. Heres some pics. anyone else have this issue? besides that, i think they would have been a perfect fit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Quinatt

Quinatt Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

Too short? Inseam is measuring 33". I'm 6'1. seems like they would make the standard inseam a little longer.

9. ibitegirls

ibitegirls Well-Known Member

You can soak them if you like but it's not required. I would wash and hang dry the pants before having any altercations made at the tailor.

10. Bryan_Funfetti

Bryan_Funfetti Senior member

Those grey PS that Barney's have are fucking perfect for what I want, but they don't carry them in a 27 :fu:

11. Quinatt

Quinatt Member

why my posts not show up?????

12. Quinatt

Quinatt Member

13. Quinatt

Quinatt Member

ok, third time trying to post this question. These APC NS's size 28 are too short with a 33" inseam. Can I get these in this size anywhere with a longer inseam? Im too tall and skinny for APC's or what? The fit would be perfect if the inseam was longer (like 35 or 36)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Quinatt

Quinatt Member

All my posts with images are "being held for moderation" since im a new member i guess. Ill just ask the question then. My new APC NS's are size 28 and the inseam measures at a pathetic 33". Is there anywhere I can get this same size with a longer inseam (Like 35 or 36)? Ive already wore these ones i got enough that they've stretched a little and i cant return them. frustrating!

15. systematic

systematic Senior member

Don't have them online, huh? Are you near a Barney's or a COOP? I'd wager that most of their stores carry them since the shitty COOP here in Philly even had them. That's where I compared them to the indigo's...

16. copulos

copulos Member

I appreciate the response!

what are the advantages to soaking them? Do you think I should wash and hang dry them immediately after I buy them, then tailor them, or did you mean just wear them as-is from the sore for 6 months and hem after the first wash ?

17. chrisse123

chrisse123 Active Member

18. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

19. samssf

samssf Well-Known Member

+1.

I was in this thread a year or more ago asking the same question. I require 35" inseam jeans (around size 30-31 in raw denim, 34" physical waist size). For what it's worth, you might find that the black APC NS jeans are an inch longer. That's what happened to me... but I want a blue pair since all my raw denim are dark colors.