1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Harbin

Harbin Senior member

I would probably do NS sized down 1

2. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Are these actually raw or really a wash as indicated by the product page?

Nordstrom APC PS

3. Harbin

Harbin Senior member

those are definitely raw from the picture

4. thatnewguy

thatnewguy New Member

This. NS are VERY similar to 511, the PS have a leg opening much more like 510 but are a little roomier in the thigh area.

IMO it's a more "adult" version of a 510 cut.

5. mr.orange

mr.orange Senior member

Looks good. I have a true 32" waist and made the mistake of buying tagged sized 31 PS. They stretched out to approximately 34". Had to wear a belt at all times for them stay on my waist.

6. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Anyone have NS in both the regular indigo and also the MIJ overdye'd blacks?

Just rec'd my blacks from TBS in the same size and below the knee, it fits more like a PS than NS.

Right now the knee and the leg opening is about 1" smaller than my other NS. I didn't think those areas stretched at all, do they? Or is the NS cut in black have a more aggressive taper?

7. max_r

max_r Senior member

i remember i was bumming around macy's once for some reason a while back and decided to try to find some levi's that fit similarly to my new standards, and you're right, 511 is about as close as you can get. 511's have a lower rise, and more taper from the knee down though (the ones i tried anyway).

not really sure where the New Standard/501 comparisons come from, i dont think they're anything alike. I dont like the look of 501's but the new standards tend to look good on most people as long as you get atleast close with the sizing.

8. Harbin

Harbin Senior member

Hey Dbear, I got both in size 30 from tbs, and just compared the leg openings, they are the same. Maybe check if they sent you a ps instead of ns, though I doubt it.

9. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Quote:
    Well, I am comparing a pair of 1 yr old NS to a brand new black NS. The top block feels the same (as I remembered), but the bottom half is noticeably tapered.

Maybe, the 1 yr old NS stretched on the bottom, but I didn't think the leg opening would stretch (there is no tension there right?). It is definitely 1" smaller on the MIJ blacks and it does say New Standard on them........same size of course......and the leg opening is 7", isn't the NS closer to 8"?

I could be remembering wrong and I need to break them in, but not sure.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  10. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

I have both and the black ones are a good bit smaller all over and about 1cm in the leg opening.

I would say the overdyed's are a size smaller, than the regular ones and they don't stretch as they have been washed.

11. JChance

JChance Senior member

anyone looking for a pair of New Standard Raw Indigo in 33, PM me. Only have worn it for 5 days and sizing doesnt seem to work out for me, still like NWOT and ready to break in, no fades nor hemmed

12. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Ruh roh, the new MIJ overdye ones don't stretch as much? Was under the impression to size the same as regular raws...

13. Harbin

Harbin Senior member

My overdyes stretched so fast they are bigger than my indigos now same size

1 person likes this.
  14. Harbin

Harbin Senior member

My indigo pair leg opening is actually smaller than the MIJ blacks, weird haha

15. zippo69

zippo69 Well-Known Member

Ok I'm going to ask this because it's been bugging me for a while. What are considered normal thigh measurements for me height? I'm around 6 foot or 6' 1" with around a 34 inch waist OVER my hips where you wear PS. So normally a 32 or 33 in pants. My thighs are 21.5" at their widest. I tried on some PS before settling on a size 30. Are my thighs considered big?

16. Harbin

Harbin Senior member

Do you mean 21.5" thighs circumference?

17. Fluery

Fluery Senior member

Does anybody here have a pair of size 32 apc petit standards that are fully worn and stretched? I would be really grateful if you could post the measurements - especially waist, upper thigh, and knee!

18. zippo69

zippo69 Well-Known Member

Yes, measured at its widest

19. Harbin

Harbin Senior member

I think that's pretty average? I'm 6'0 with 22" thigh and size 30 or 31 PS, it looks pretty normal. Our thighs definitely aren't considered skinny though, I see lots of skinny hipster dudes around the same height and they must have like 18" thighs lol

20. bik2101

bik2101 Senior member

for your height, that's not thick at all. i'm 5' 8" 31 at wasit (for PS) and my thighs are 22