1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Senior member

tough call, nc is higher rise but the whole top block is probably a bit tighter than ps. nc are definitely not tapered though, in fact on me there was a distinct flare at the bottom, noticeably wider than my straight leg ns.
    have you considered getting a pair of ns tapered down to 7" hem.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
  2. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Senior member

That what I was thinking. Should the taper begin above or below the knee? Since you own the PS, what's your thought on the rise.

Cheers.

3. bik2101

bik2101 Senior member

that;s a pretty interesting thought.

4. ac_slater

ac_slater Senior member

The fact that the NS is not tapered is common knowledge. The PS is tapered. NS upper block is a little bit tighter than PS. Otherwise they are very close. NS might have a little more rise.

For those familiar with naked and famous, the Skinny Guy is based off the NS and the Weird guy based of the PS. Obviously they aren't exactly the same. APC has a higher rise (at least to me).

Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
  5. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Senior member

Am I crazy, or have they changed the measurements on the PS in the past year? I could have sworn the rise was lower last year.

6. hoechi

hoechi Member

answer would be appreciated.

7. cbfn

cbfn Senior member

Why don't you just take the NS to a tailor and get them tapered? That's my plan for my next jeans. The PS is sweet, but they don't work so well with shirts bec. of the low rise.

8. Kwix

Kwix Member

So I did go to the APC store in Paris. The employees were very friendly. I do know some French, so I started with that, but the guy helping me spoke perfect English. I wear a 30 in Levi's 511s, but I fit easily into a size 27 PS. I thought I should size down since they weren't very tight at all in the waist and the salesperson agreed. He gave me a 26 PS and 27 NC to try and I could barely squeeze into either. In both cases, I couldn't button the top two buttons and struggled to get out of them so he recommended I stick with the 27 PS, but that I will probably need to wear a belt in a couple weeks. I've been wearing them for like 24 hours straight now. The APC guy recommended I hem them 9cm, but I might do something more like 6. What do you guys think about the fit? I am getting some pretty ugly knee spikes going on.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

9. hoechi

hoechi Member

I'm wearing 29/32 in 511 levi.
    I'm 5'7, 125lbs. I have quite long legs 32'' inseam compared to my height. I want a nice stacked look and nice slim jins that are snug around the calves but not skintight, no jeggings. Should i get the New standard or petite standard from APC. I'm a bit concerned about the leg opening(6'') and knee (7'') for petite standards27''. I like the measurements from the petite standards 28'', but i have the concern that they will be too lose around the waist after some time. If i want to go for a stacked look, should i go size 28/27 petite standards or size 27 New standards?
    I like the fit in this picture:
    http://i.imgur.com/ZIxqC.jpg

Thanks for the answer ^_^

10. steviecakes

steviecakes Senior member

26 in Petit Standards. Trust me. They stretch a lot.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2012
  11. hoechi

hoechi Member

Aren't they to tight then? 26?
    I'm still concerned about the legopening and calves i dont want the to be jeggings and 15,5 cm is 3 cm less than my 511 right now... mhh ><

12. steviecakes

This is me in size 25 Petit Standards

I was probably a hair under 130 lbs at that time. I stand at 5'7".
    They're tight in the top block at first but stretched well over a full inch in the waist.
    Wish I had pics focusing on the lower half. They stack beautifully in my opinion.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2012
  13. transient

transient Senior member

Haven't seen that pic before stevie. Nice photo, prime example of raw denim. Wear/wash history on that pair at that time?

I just finished giving my new standards a good beating for half a year(30), gonna wear my PS more now(31). I'm not very slim but I still think PS is a more interesting cut in many regards. As mentioned above, stacking looks so much better on a tapered pair. They're also much roomier in the top block, but they are one size up from NS tho. I guess you need to size down NS more aggressively for a slim look whereas with PS you can get a slim silhouette without sizing down as much. I think next time time I'll just get TTS PS.

14. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

Same feelings. First off -- love that fade in the picture. Second, the PS seems to have a much better cut to me, just in general. That said, I only size down one for them...I'm not the drop 3 type of guy!

15. steviecakes

Thanks guys. The jeans were about a year and a few months old when the pic was taken and hadn't yet been washed. They've been washed twice and have had 2 repairs since then. Really beat to shit now. Hopefully I convinced hoechi to size down on his pair since he seems to be about the same build as myself.

16. dethredic

dethredic Member

Hey, I'm looking at black APC PS and there seem to be two kinds, MIJ and Faux Noir. What is the difference between these two?

17. bryce126

bryce126 Senior member

Mij are a matte black with no undertones of white. They have a slight sheen and and an "up-down-left-right" thread pattern, whereas the faux noir look more like their normal jeans, but with black thread in place of blue.

18. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

is there anywhere i can find APC new standard jeans in black under 175? I'd settle for indigo too

19. xCrunchx

xCrunchx Senior member

i'd say don't size down more than 2 for PS unless you are 100% sure sizing 3 down will fit. 3 is the absolute max, it is inhuman to go more than that.

20. dieselman89

dieselman89 Senior member

I've been looking to purchase APC New Standard jeans and I am new to the selvedhe trend. I've been instructed to size down. I typically wear a 31 or 32 depending on the fit. When I tried these jeans on in store, they sales rep suggested a 30 since he claims the jeans will stretch. I tried the 30 on a they are tight tight tight... I am just able to button them. Please share your experience with these jeans and why your recommendation is. Also, the jeans are super tight in the crotch area...

Also, if I want just a little whiskering is the recommendation to wash them as soon as they look how I want them to look long term?