A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. modual

modual Senior member

when people bang on about sizing down TWO what exactly do they mean. I can wear a 30 , 31 or 32 depending on the brand so which size do i size down TWO from ???

2. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

What brands are those? I pretty much wear between 31 and 32 in everything but in NS i take a 29.

3. modual

modual Senior member

What brands are those? I pretty much wear between 31 and 32 in everything but in NS i take a 29.

30 in raw nudie , 31 in prewashed nudie (think this my true size) , 32 in levis

4. chronoaug

I don't think you could go too wrong with a pair of 28s or 29s. They'll always stretch a bunch for you so take that for what it's worth.

5. modual

modual Senior member

I don't think you could go too wrong with a pair of 28s or 29s. They'll always stretch a bunch for you so take that for what it's worth.

Cheers

6. [bmr]

[bmr] New Member

not-so-newbie (i lurked frequently a few years ago, but have recently returned) question here, and i apologize if this has been covered...i couldn't find an answer in my search:

i have a pair of apc new standard's that i've been wearing, unwashed, for a good six months. is there a way i can get them to shrink (maybe in the dryer) without washing them? i'd like to avoid a wash until i hit year 1, at least. (and i gained and lost a few pounds that leave them a little loose right now.)

gracias.

7. Souper

Souper Senior member

if anything, putting it in the dryer wouldn't hurt.

try a 1 minute ice cold soak in standing water and then a hot dry?

abrasion isn't really that much of an issue...

8. London

London Senior member

For all the NY heads that have a sneak peek on the Honeyee blog showing initial construction on a BK apc store

9. chronoaug

BMR- Sorry man. They're not going to shrink a full size or two. A tailor could possibly help, but even washing/drying them will only return them to their original size and then stretch back out. If it's just some kind of personal accomplishment to not wash them for a year, kudos, but it's not that big a deal, especially if you want to shrink them back to tagged size. Really hot water soak with no agitation should help them shrink and not lose much indigo.

10. [bmr]

[bmr] New Member

BMR- Sorry man. They're not going to shrink a full size or two. A tailor could possibly help, but even washing/drying them will only return them to their original size and then stretch back out. If it's just some kind of personal accomplishment to not wash them for a year, kudos, but it's not that big a deal, especially if you want to shrink them back to tagged size. Really hot water soak with no agitation should help them shrink and not lose much indigo.

yeah, that's all i'm looking for, really. just a shrink back to near the original size...nothing more than that.

i'll give this a shot tonight...thanks!

11. dhinggok

dhinggok Senior member

i bought a pair of new standards in a 26 and they fit well. very well. the only complaint i have is that the fit in the back of my thighs is very good, but the butt area and the butt area alone is empty space that sags. in other words, it looks like i have this empty space where my butt should be between two well fitting, definitely not too tight, thighs. would a higher rise fix that or will the stretch make it look more appropriate? also, if i was going to venture into apc again, would the standards fit me better than the new standards? what exactly is the difference between those two? i've read the responses to that question but have not read any clear answer about the fit in the waist, fit through the thighs and fit in the legs. help would be much appreciated. thanks.

12. fratstar

fratstar Active Member

I'm looking for some help on this one. I bought a size 28 NS. I was able to button all of the buttons and its a great fit right now. Should I be worried about stretching? I've read horror stories of insane streching. Below is a shitty pic to give a general idea.

[​IMG]

13. modual

modual Senior member

I'm looking for some help on this one. I bought a size 28 NS. I was able to button all of the buttons and its a great fit right now. Should I be worried about stretching? I've read horror stories of insane streching. Below is a shitty pic to give a general idea.

[​IMG]

I think you size down 1 more

14. Bungee Man

Bungee Man Senior member

[​IMG]

How many did you size down? I agree with modual. You should size down another size.

15. fratstar

fratstar Active Member

I wear a 30 in 501s and I have a pair of J. Crew straight leg jeans that I wear in a 29. I sized down 2 from the 30.