A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. TintoTerra

TintoTerra Senior member

Just got some black new standards. Was expecting a more uniform black and not the semi-black 'streakiness'. If I wash these will they look the same or more like standard black denim?

2. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

Just got some black new standards. Was expecting a more uniform black and not the semi-black 'streakiness'. If I wash these will they look the same or more like standard black denim?

What does standard black denim mean? If you mean overdyed, no. With a wash they look the same, except with less sheen.

3. TintoTerra

TintoTerra Senior member

What does standard black denim mean? If you mean overdyed, no. With a wash they look the same, except with less sheen.

Damn it all. I wanted some black apcs, not these streaky, persian-guy-at-the-mall-selling-screen-protectors-for-your-iphone-dressy-pants jeans. Motherfucker.

4. .field

.field Member

Damn it all indeed.

5. Local_Disk

Local_Disk Senior member

Damn it all. I wanted some black apcs, not these streaky, persian-guy-at-the-mall-selling-screen-protectors-for-your-iphone-dressy-pants jeans. Motherfucker.

Post some pics/fit pics of them.

6. TintoTerra

TintoTerra Senior member

[​IMG]

Should I size down?

7. TintoTerra

TintoTerra Senior member

Only joking of course. Think I'll send these back and get some blue petite standards instead.

8. Keyboard Warrior

Keyboard Warrior Well-Known Member

I suggest you get the blue. At least it will fade. Calling the black NS "streaky" is wrong, it's more grey looking compared to most black denim out there.

9. nakame

nakame Active Member

Just got my first APC shirt in oxford blue. And the cut is strange, its a slim cut but its a box cut, theres no slim tailoring on the back or sides. Im pretty slim and it does a strange pull around the armpits when I I move my arms...

Are all apc shirts like this?

10. _C350_

_C350_ Active Member

I have been wearing Raw new cures for a couple weeks now but it's still very hard and stiff aka uncomfortable. I heard hot soaking it could make it a little softer. Should I do this? Any drawbacks? I really want a nice fade in these jeans.
    Thank you!!

11. .field

.field Member

Not sure about your size, but I wouldn't.. Just Keep wearing em.

12. Pangolin

Pangolin Senior member

Just got my first APC shirt in oxford blue. And the cut is strange, its a slim cut but its a box cut, theres no slim tailoring on the back or sides. Im pretty slim and it does a strange pull around the armpits when I I move my arms...

Are all apc shirts like this?

It depends, they usually have two cuts for their shirts, "garçon" and "homme". I'm in between sizes in the "garçon" cut and it fits me the way you describe your shirt, but the "homme" fits me perfectly.

13. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

Sucks that APC uses UPS to ship their stuff, takes forever.

14. Epik

Epik Well-Known Member

How close to your actual inseam should we hem down a pair of NS? Well, I suppose if you're sagging it would actually be less than your inseam. But you get the idea; any opinions on what is the best amount of stack?

15. AlbertCamus

AlbertCamus Well-Known Member

I've read the reason that new cure doesn't have the selvage line is just because of the cut, but I got a new pair of cures and I feel like the material is different.

I have two pairs of PS, I would describe the denim as having a faint sheen; a sort of grayish hue that offsets the indigo. My NC doesn't have this at all, they are just deep indigo. Personally I prefer the way the PS look, which sucks because the cures are cut just about perfectly =/.

Whats up with this? Am I imagining it or what? Maybe because the cures were washed once?