A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Senior member

hello quick sizing question: my true waist is 32, i wear a 28 in new standard- what would be the right size in new cures, anyone know?
    or failing that petit standards?

thanks a lot

2. _C350_

_C350_ Active Member

for nc i would get 29 or 30. 28 nc will be very very tight

hello quick sizing question: my true waist is 32, i wear a 28 in new standard- what would be the right size in new cures, anyone know?
    or failing that petit standards?

thanks a lot

3. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Senior member

cheers, thought i should prob size up a couple from the NS.

4. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

I usually wear Size 29" Diesel jeans, and a 30" waist for slim-fit suits.

If I want to go with APC (prefer slim-cut jeans), what waist size would you recommend, and what model?

I have to admit the jeans look awesome on the website!!

5. Qudi

Qudi Senior member

I usually wear Size 29" Diesel jeans, and a 30" waist for slim-fit suits. If I want to go with APC (prefer slim-cut jeans), what waist size would you recommend, and what model? I have to admit the jeans look awesome on the website!!
    I asked this for a long time before I got mine. Depends on what you want. NS is a slightly tapered straight leg, PS for more tapered version of NS, NC's taper flares a bit at the leg but is slimmer in the thigh. Size down 1-3 depending on what you want. I wear 31/32 in 511s and just sent a pair of PS in 31 for exchange cause they were baggier than what I wanted. Keep in mind that these jeans stretch, especially in the waist. Edit: Wasn't thinking right when I first posted. Fixed.

6. C-Note

C-Note Senior member

I thought the PS is the more tapered of the fits. And NC is the skinniest

7. Qudi

Qudi Senior member

I thought the PS is the more tapered of the fits. And NC is the skinniest

Yeah, you're right. My bad, wasn't thinking.

8. hxh_killua

hxh_killua Senior member

Thanks guys.
    Yeah, you're right. My bad, wasn't thinking.
    What's the difference? Skinny is tapered throughout and taper is just tapered at the leg opening?

9. C-Note

C-Note Senior member

It's all good Qudi. And hxh skinny isn't necessarily tapered, it can still be more of a skinny straight fit (maybe with a slight taper). Tapered is tapered usually from the knee down, with the NS it's tapered more at the ankle area though so it mostly looks like a straight fit.

10. Russ24

Russ24 Well-Known Member

Hey guys, another noob question. Im a true 30, looking for a pair of raw denim. Thinking APC. Im looking for a slim fit, not too skinny, but not baggy (like 514/501s). Some places say the NS is 'the true skinny jean,' others say its a straight fit and the PS and NC are progressively skinnier. So im thinking between NS and PS.
    Obviously id size down at least to a 28. But how baggy are the NS's? Should I go 28 PS or 27 NS?
    Thanks.

11. bluebeansoup

bluebeansoup Member

Hey guys, another noob question. Im a true 30, looking for a pair of raw denim. Thinking APC. Im looking for a slim fit, not too skinny, but not baggy (like 514/501s). Some places say the NS is 'the true skinny jean,' others say its a straight fit and the PS and NC are progressively skinnier. So im thinking between NS and PS.
    Obviously id size down at least to a 28. But how baggy are the NS's? Should I go 28 PS or 27 NS?
    Thanks.

I'm in the same boat as you. True 30 and ordered a pair of 27 NCs early this week. I'm crossing my fingers! I'll let you know how they fit. I went with the NCs because it's slimmer than the New Standard. If I don't like them, I'll probably exchange for a pair of the PS.

12. C-Note

C-Note Senior member

NS aren't really baggy. Resues are the more relaxed cut. NS are pretty slim/skinny, it's mostly a straight fit but it's not baggy (unless you size wrong lol). I'm not sure if NS or PS is better because PS is tapered when NS is a straight leg fit. Depends on what you're looking for, but I think your sizing is right.

13. Russ24

Russ24 Well-Known Member

^ Thanks. Im getting a pair of PS 27s of a member (I figure 28=30 and size down one for stretch), well see how it goes. Ill post pics when I get them- hopefully their not too skinny.

14. bluebeansoup

bluebeansoup Member

^ Thanks. Im getting a pair of PS 27s of a member (I figure 28=30 and size down one for stretch), well see how it goes. Ill post pics when I get them- hopefully their not too skinny.

Nice! Looking forward to it.

15. mj89

mj89 Member

I did the same for the pair I ordered, the fit was a little tight in the top but quickly loosed up to be very comfortable. The calves however, felt like they were busting at the seams. I've heard it said here before when buying PS, size based on knee/calve measurements, as they don't really stretch much. Its probably the best way to get the fit you're after for PS.