A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. bluebeansoup

bluebeansoup Member

make sure you measure your thighs first.

How do the thighs stretch (if at all) when it comes to the NCs? Say if a size that might be tight on my thighs?

2. Qudi

Qudi Senior member

How do the thighs stretch (if at all) when it comes to the NCs? Say if a size that might be tight on my thighs?
    From what I've collected after reading hundreds of pages, APCs stretch a LOT. The tighter they are at first, the more they will stretch and more they will fade.

3. jimmyfingers

jimmyfingers Senior member

I got my first pair of NC on Friday. They were very tight in the thigh when first putting them. I def would not have worn them in public. I even posted a trade ad. However, I decided to keep them and see if they would stretch. I have worn them to sleep the past few nights and they have stretched enough to be comfortable without looking too tight. The waist fit pretty well and it did not need much stretching all so I can't comment on that. I have seen some crazy pics on another forum where guys sized down too much and you could see the buttons on the fly when wearing them

4. triton

triton Well-Known Member

Can anyone confirm whether the context size measurements for new standard are accurate?

5. bluebeansoup

bluebeansoup Member

I got my first pair of NC on Friday. They were very tight in the thigh when first putting them. I def would not have worn them in public. I even posted a trade ad. However, I decided to keep them and see if they would stretch. I have worn them to sleep the past few nights and they have stretched enough to be comfortable without looking too tight. The waist fit pretty well and it did not need much stretching all so I can't comment on that.

I have seen some crazy pics on another forum where guys sized down too much and you could see the buttons on the fly when wearing them

What's your true size and what did you get in the NCs? If you don't mind, that is.

6. Qudi

Qudi Senior member

Can anyone confirm whether the context size measurements for new standard are accurate?

According to Context, NS have a slimmer thigh than PS. So I wouldn't trust it. I've been looking for more accurate/semi-accurate measurements myself.

7. jimmyfingers

jimmyfingers Senior member

What's your true size and what did you get in the NCs? If you don't mind, that is.

My measured waist at this moment is a little over 33. I vary between 32-34 depending on what I am training for or if I am training at all.

size 31 is what I have

I am not really into skinny jeans though. I wanted this pair to beat the hell out of and get some fades. Most of my other jeans are looser therefore harder to fade. Moreover, the only time I can wear jeans is in the evenings or weekends.

8. SLeiber32

SLeiber32 Senior member

Pictures of the raw black APCs look really grayish in photos. Do they look similar in real life or are they a nice deep black? If not can anyone recommend some good black denim with a cut similar to the PS and an equal or hopefully lower price?

9. lesamourai

lesamourai Senior member

How thick are the NS/PS denim?

10. halisray

halisray Senior member

14oz, or possible 14.5oz? One of those two.

11. Qudi

Qudi Senior member

Still not sure what size PS I should get... 33-34 true waist and 22" thigh.

12. lesamourai

lesamourai Senior member

14oz, or possible 14.5oz? One of those two.
    Thanks, they feel much lighter.

13. Conundrum

Conundrum Well-Known Member

What will be the effect of the first soak after maybe 2-3 months of effective wear?

14. y2knp

y2knp Senior member

what's the best deal now to get the APC NS black on the web? thx

15. .field

.field Member

Depends how hard you wore them.