A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. soulstylist

soulstylist Senior member

...your fault. APCs were recomended to me and now I stand here with a pair of New Standarts and some questions...

...colour question:
    Compared to Sugarcanes or even raw Levis the NS seem to have a lighter denim with a much higher part of white thread visible (looking a bit like twill). Normal or did I get some out of a new lighter batch? I like the cut but am not really sure about the colour...

...washing question:
    I understand that NSs are starched to help fading - if I want to keep them dark as long as possible (and still wear them and not put them in the closet) would it help washing or soaking them? Would they even get 'darker' by washing when the white thread gets blued by the washed out indigo?

2. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

Pictures would help. Obviously APC isn't going to have the same complex indigo dying that Sugarcanes have but they should be pretty dark. You can check the WAYWN thread to see how dark they normally are, or look on denimbaronline or context online websites to see how dark those are to make sure. I don't know what to tell you if you don't want them to fade. Denim fades, and apcs/nudies quicker than others. I've heard from reading sufu that soaking them may remove the starch and perhaps make them fade slower, but i'm not 100% on that. The denim isn't going to stay dark forever, see "how to get my denim to not faide" thread from last week.

3. joshua_robert

joshua_robert Well-Known Member

PCs were made to fade [​IMG]

I personally don't think the indigo is dark enough to warrent trying to prevent fades, but if you want to lock in the color you can try washing them more frequently.

4. Coffee

Coffee Active Member

After a long wait I finally received me APC New Standards. Their waist is fine but they are very tight around the upper thigh and the rear. Could I expect them to stretch enough not to make me look like I´ve slipped into girls jeans?

5. Tarmac

Tarmac Senior member

...colour question:
    Compared to Sugarcanes or even raw Levis the NS seem to have a lighter denim with a much higher part of white thread visible (looking a bit like twill). Normal or did I get some out of a new lighter batch? I like the cut but am not really sure about the colour...

...washing question:
    I understand that NSs are starched to help fading - if I want to keep them dark as long as possible (and still wear them and not put them in the closet) would it help washing or soaking them? Would they even get 'darker' by washing when the white thread gets blued by the washed out indigo?

Every denim is different. You could probably find denim darker than sugarcane at old navy, it doesn't mean anything other than what it is. APCs have a purplish cast with grey undertones. If you don't like it you should return it. That's how they all are.

If you don't want any fading or wrinkling you should dry clean them every few months. If you put it in the washing machine, it will just start getting lighter overall. Think of 1993 washed silvertab levis

6. Alter

Alter Senior member

I apologize if this question has been asked before. I scanned around ten pages of this thread and searched but couldn't quite find what I needed.

I just got a pair of New Standards and love them but they are too long. My normal inseam is around 32" and these are around 36". Should I get them hemmed and, if so, how much? I understand they will shrink up some after washing but...4 inches?

7. evilgeniusdan

evilgeniusdan Senior member

Normally NS will only shrink at most 1 inch - which can be stretched back out while they are damp. Keep in mind that many of us stack so our jeans are actually much longer than our normal inseam. Four inches is a bit excessive but two isn't. If you want to play it safe, I'd hem to a 34, and then when you wash it might shrink a bit to a 33 but you could just as easily stretch it back to the 34. Depends on how you want to wear your jeans.

8. chronoaug

Coffee- They will stretch after a few days and be just fine. Don't worry about it at all.

9. soulstylist

soulstylist Senior member

(...) APCs have a purplish cast with grey undertones. (...) That's how they all are.

That's what I wanted to know...
    ...and - no - I won't return 'em. Like them more and more. The only problem I found is, that they are quite hard to pair with other blues - they got a very special tone...

If you don't want any fading or wrinkling you should dry clean them every few months. If you put it in the washing machine, it will just start getting lighter overall. Think of 1993 washed silvertab levis

...denim fades and that's ok with me. I just wanted to avoid the supercharged fading cause I wear those jean also for dressiesr ocasions (i.e. work) so to keep them dark for a bit longer would be enough. What ever - I'll just wear them (more) and I'll see how they come out...

10. rzi

rzi Senior member

Someone please find me APC NS sz30!!!! No one has them and DB says they wont for at LEAST a month

11. chronoaug

12. tomtraubert

tomtraubert Well-Known Member

i got a pair of new cures from context during that 50% off sale. the top part of one of the buttons already fell off after only the third day of wear. is there anyway to fix this or does anybody know if they can be exchanged (either through context/apc)? is this problem common with apc or was i just unlucky?

13. dhinggok

dhinggok Senior member

not sure if this shld be posted here or quick questions....looking to get some APC NS.

29 in earnest sewn fulton and hutch-waist isn't tight, not loose... legs are roomy, not baggy, in both, don't need belt

28 in regular ralf indigo-legs are roomy and waist is fine, need belt

28 in levi's matchstick-legs fit great (slim, definitely not skinny), no belt needed

28 in ksubi dee dee diamond dog-waist required me to suck in a bit to put on...legs were tight for me (i looked like the cheap monday models, which i'm not a fan of for a fit of more than 1 week).... i dont mind skin tight before they stretch, but i don't like when the legs scrunch and look funny

i want these jeans to fit slim, not cheap monday skinny...definitely don't want a baggy jean

25, 26 or 27 in APC NS?

14. zacharydschroeder

zacharydschroeder Senior member

15. Tarmac

Tarmac Senior member

not sure if this shld be posted here or quick questions....looking to get some APC NS.

29 in earnest sewn fulton and hutch-waist isn't tight, not loose... legs are roomy, not baggy, in both, don't need belt

28 in regular ralf indigo-legs are roomy and waist is fine, need belt

28 in levi's matchstick-legs fit great (slim, definitely not skinny), no belt needed

28 in ksubi dee dee diamond dog-waist required me to suck in a bit to put on...legs were tight for me (i looked like the cheap monday models, which i'm not a fan of for a fit of more than 1 week).... i dont mind skin tight before they stretch, but i don't like when the legs scrunch and look funny

i want these jeans to fit slim, not cheap monday skinny...definitely don't want a baggy jean

25, 26 or 27 in APC NS?

Forget what the tagged size on all of the above are. Take the one pair which the waist fits the best on you, and measure it with a tape measure. Then subtract 2. This is your APC size.