Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. vncrz

vncrz Senior member

I posted something similar in the jeans for n00bz thread, but would like to hear other opinions as well. I recently purchased a second pair of APC NCs to complement my other faded, hemmed slightly too short pair. I want to keep this new pair as dark and dressy as possible, with minimal fades (I know it sort of defeats the purpose of raw demin, but I haven't tried on any pair of jeans that fits as well as the NCs). Should I wash right away to get some indigo out uniformly, or simply soak them, or break them in first?

Thanks

2. seven7seven

seven7seven Senior member

[​IMG]
    too baggy?
    30 NS
    Worn for a couple weeks by previous owner so I think major stretching is done but idk
    My waist ~32"

3. thebrownman

thebrownman Senior member

On my recent trip to New York, I picked up my first pair of APC Jeans (New Standards). I knew from here to size down as much as possible so these are a size 31. They were the smallest size I could fit into after about 5 minutes of yanking the top button and almost dislocating my thumb. They've stretched out to be very easy to do up after less than two weeks of wear.

NB: Anyone buying APC Jeans for the first time, take everyone else's advice - size DOWN! There's a lot of stretch in 'em [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. thebrownman

thebrownman Senior member

[​IMG]
    too baggy?
    30 NS
    Worn for a couple weeks by previous owner so I think major stretching is done but idk
    My waist ~32"

Hey seven7seven! I just bought my first pair of APC brand new from the Barney's Co-Op a few weeks ago - I reckon sizing down as much as is humanly possible is the best bet. Mine are stretching out a lot. And quickly too. It all depends on how you'd like them to fit in the long run - if you're going to be washing them, they're going to shrink, and so having a bigger size won't be too bad. That said, I like to buy tight and never wash! Haha

5. Dashaansafin

Dashaansafin Senior member

Are APCs considered to be skinny jeans? It says the original skinny jean...

Im looking for a jean comparable to the Jcrew Urban Slim khakis. I have Nudie Slim Jims but they are pretty tight.

6. flyguy25

flyguy25 Well-Known Member

PC new standard, 6 months wear, 1 ocean wash

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. max_r

max_r Senior member

Are APCs considered to be skinny jeans? It says the original skinny jean...

Im looking for a jean comparable to the Jcrew Urban Slim khakis. I have Nudie Slim Jims but they are pretty tight.

depends on the cut, and depends how you size them.

look at fit pictures and decide for yourself.

8. transient

transient Senior member

too baggy?
    30 NS
    My waist ~32"

Depends on what you want. Looks just fine if you want a 'regular' fit. I'm 32 as well but got 29's because I wanted a slim fit. So 29 for slimmish fit, 28 for skinny/slim fit.

9. seven7seven

seven7seven Senior member

Will they end up just looking like $15 jeans if they aren't fitted though?

10. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Senior member

Alright. Need a quick answer to this question. I'm not sure if I take a 27 or 28 in APC PS.

Just tried them both on at the APC store. The 27 I could just barely button up all but the last two and I could hardly squeeze my thighs/calves through; skin tight around both. The 28 I was able to slide into a bit more comfortably and could button up all the way.

Anyone have any advice on sizing them properly? I wear a 28 in Gap Skinny jeans right now and probably have a true 29 waist.

11. Local_Disk

Local_Disk Senior member

Is that cute chick still working in the back of the NYC APC store?

12. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Senior member

13. C-Note

C-Note Senior member

Alright. Need a quick answer to this question. I'm not sure if I take a 27 or 28 in APC PS.

Just tried them both on at the APC store. The 27 I could just barely button up all but the last two and I could hardly squeeze my thighs/calves through; skin tight around both. The 28 I was able to slide into a bit more comfortably and could button up all the way.

Anyone have any advice on sizing them properly? I wear a 28 in Gap Skinny jeans right now and probably have a true 29 waist.

It sounds like a 28 would make more sense but then again I don't know for sure. I know the waist stretches a lot, so a 27 would stretch in the waist probably close to fitting but I don't know how much the thighs and calf area would stretch. Unless the legs stretch in APCs as much as the waist, I'd imagine it being best to not have them skin tight

Also, I think people generally say you should be able to barely button all of them, maybe except the last one. Not being able to button the last two sounds like it's too tight

14. tunnelrat

tunnelrat Well-Known Member

I'm thinking about buying my first pair of APCs (probably petite standards), but I'm not sure about the inseam. The website says it's 34, but I'm 6'2'' and usually wear 36 inseam in Levi's or any other brand. Will they be long enough for me? (My size in Levi's is 33, which means I should probably go for 30 in APC for a slim fit and a 36 inseam is only from size 31 up.)

15. Sancho Panzo Christ

Sancho Panzo Christ Senior member

anyone know where i can get black new standards? in size 30?