A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Jerm

Jerm Active Member

I'm wearing sz 29 NCs right now, and the fit on the legs is about perfect. If I bought NCs again, I'd probably go with 28s though, since the waist/butt is stretched out.

I think I want to switch to the PS for the lower rise, but are the legs really that much wider? If I were to size down a lot (26?), would that make the legs skinny enough?

2. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

I was thinking of getting a pair of NC as well, but then my NS are already sorta tapered enough for my fat legs. Kinda sucks for me cause I have larger thighs, but a tiny waist, something like a 26/27. Probably get a pair of PS next or maybe try some Dior

my thighs are too big for apc so I'm gonna try dior? does this not make sense to anyone else?

3. humeee

humeee Member

New Standards arrived tonight and I'm hoping for fit advice; these are the first pair of semi-premium jeans I've ever bought. I am a true 31 waist, so I ordered a 29. They are tighter in the thighs than I was expecting. I'm worried they're so tight that I won't be able to effectively run from the police if necessary. Does the fit of the jeans look acceptable? Sorry for the horrible photography.

[​IMG]

4. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

Looks fine.

But I guarantee there will be hordes of 5'8 125 waifs screaming for you to size down 2 more.

5. ubc121

ubc121 Senior member

What is the quality like on the flannels? Are they worth the price or is it better to go to Gitman or Epaulet?

6. bob99

bob99 Senior member

An APC sizing update, for those interested... My natural waist is about 32.5". I bought some size 30 New Standards last weekend and I've been wearing them around the house each night. For the first 2-3 days it was impossible to get the top 2 buttons done up, so I just wore them unbuttoned. Now, after working them a bit, I can get them buttoned up fully.

They're still tight around the waist, and in the thigh, but the moral to this story is "don't buy jeans that are too big". I was considering taking them back for 31's, and I even went back to the shop and tried on the 31's again. I could button the 31's with almost no problem in the changing room, which leads me to believe that after two weeks the waist would have stretched out too far.

Don't be scared by the thought of getting jeans that need to be "worked in" a bit. Stick with the smaller sizes!

7. King Leer

King Leer Senior member

I got a pair sized down 2 and that was perfect. They fit like a glove after about three weeks.

Also, as for the question from @ubc121 the button downs and flannels from APC are great IMO. I really like the cut and most are constructed nicely and I think people overlook that as they go to buy the jeans only. I've several button downs, a suit, and some jackets from there too...very good stuff.

8. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

New Standards arrived tonight and I'm hoping for fit advice; these are the first pair of semi-premium jeans I've ever bought. I am a true 31 waist, so I ordered a 29. They are tighter in the thighs than I was expecting. I'm worried they're so tight that I won't be able to effectively run from the police if necessary. Does the fit of the jeans look acceptable? Sorry for the horrible photography. [​IMG]
    Bottom block is Megamanish. In fact I would say they jeans are just too big, they look downright baggy You have what seem to be average legs for your waist... I would size down or do New Cures TBH, much cleaner silhouette

9. AlbertCamus

AlbertCamus Well-Known Member

New Cure is skinnier...

I keep reading this, but when I checked the measurements on context, the petit standard was skinnier in thigh, knee, and leghole. Are those measurements wrong? Is there something I'm missing?

10. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

I keep reading this, but when I checked the measurements on context, the petit standard was skinnier in thigh, knee, and leghole. Are those measurements wrong? Is there something I'm missing?

NC is much skinnier thigh up, PS is more tapered. It's the rise that throws those measurements off.

11. TonyxMAE

TonyxMAE New Member

What APCs after stretching out and all would be closest to how levis 511's fit?

12. vaalbara

vaalbara Senior member

thinking about picking up a pair of new cures or petite standards as my first pair of raw denim.

currently i wear a size 32x32 in levi's 511s, should i size down to a 31 or a 30?

13. Conundrum

Conundrum Well-Known Member

thinking about picking up a pair of new cures or petite standards as my first pair of raw denim.

currently i wear a size 32x32 in levi's 511s, should i size down to a 31 or a 30?

depends on how you want them to fit

14. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Senior member

New Standards arrived tonight and I'm hoping for fit advice; these are the first pair of semi-premium jeans I've ever bought. I am a true 31 waist, so I ordered a 29. They are tighter in the thighs than I was expecting. I'm worried they're so tight that I won't be able to effectively run from the police if necessary. Does the fit of the jeans look acceptable? Sorry for the horrible photography.

[​IMG]

I had the same misgiving feeling....

I got mine about 2 months ago. After the first 2 wears, I soaked it in hot water once (to get rid of the stiffness) and wore it average once a week since then. Now it has stretched out nicely and fits like a glove.

15. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

PCs feel "tight" when they're new cause the denim is stiff as shit. My NCs are fully broken in and not much bigger in the thighs than when I first bought them. They are looser though cause the fabric's not cardboard stiff.

After a month or so of solid wear they begin to feel fine.