Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. canstyleace

canstyleace Distinguished Member

Can I safely assume the ns is the least slim of the line up?

2. 300zx1985

300zx1985 Senior Member

Is there a store in Toronto with ample stock of apc jeans in smaller sizes?
    Can I safely assume the ns is the least slim of the line up?

tia.

Rescue is a fuller cut than NS

3. canstyleace

^ thanks.

I should have mentioned that Im not looking for loose or baggy or bootcut, basically what I'm looking for is an apc jean with low rise, slim thigh but not soo tapered from the knee down to the hem, make sense? so in that context is rescue better than ns or is ns my best bet?

I dont have local access to many in my size so may have to get them online and wondering which model would best suit my needs.

4. Conundrum

Conundrum Well-Known Member

^ thanks.

I should have mentioned that Im not looking for loose or baggy or bootcut, basically what I'm looking for is an apc jean with low rise, slim thigh but not soo tapered from the knee down to the hem, make sense? so in that context is rescue better than ns or is ns my best bet?

I dont have local access to many in my size so may have to get them online and wondering which model would best suit my needs.

http://www.contextclothing.com/brand...d=A.P.C.+Denim

Will this help?

5. drtchock

drtchock Senior Member

[​IMG]

Heres my New Cures, size 29, about 9 months of wear, 1 wash.

6. canstyleace

7. Conundrum

Thanks, I guess ns is what I'm looking for then, now I just have to find my size locally and try it on.

So, Google banned you?

8. canstyleace

No man, but usually webshop measurements are off or vary between shops, also shopping selection in my (canadian) city kind of sucks, there are options here but usually my size is oos or they dont carry it which sucks big time and no decent store here has online inventory posted, so end up proxing shit or going back to the webstores and picking them up there, but it would be nice to try these on first since I've never owned a pair of apc jeans, so basically have to spend an entire day calling or going store to store to check if they have my size, kapish?

9. Conundrum

No man, but usually webshop measurements are off or vary between shops, also shopping selection in my (canadian) city kind of sucks, there are options here but usually my size is oos or they dont carry it which sucks big time and no decent store here has online inventory posted, so end up proxing shit or going back to the webstores and picking them up there, but it would be nice to try these on first since I've never owned a pair of apc jeans, so basically have to spend an entire day calling or going store to store to check if they have my size, kapish?

What's the reference material here? Which other brand do you wear...

10. canstyleace

I've been told to go for a 26 in apc's, just dont like the super tapered ones from the knee to hem but do want thinish thighs and low rise.

Actually the reason I stopped wearing jeans was because I couldnt find a pair that fit me well enough so I just gave up jeans entirely, this was prior to me joining sf, and now feeling like I should give them another try with one of the brands that I have found here and have better fits for my body type.

11. bob99

bob99 Senior Member

I'm looking for a quote from Jean Touitou, the founder of APC. I saw it about a month ago online, but didn't remember to copy it - it was posted at a website that also sold APC Jeans.

It was something along the lines of "I started making jeans because I was disgusted by the artificial nature of false washes and distressing." but said much more elegantly.

If anyone knows where this quote can be found, I'd appreciate it!

I read a few interviews with Touitou last night, he seems like a very wise thinker. From his philosophy of design to his work-life balance, I like what I read! I really only knew APC for their denim, but I'm going to check out some of their other clothing designs too.

12. Max Biggavel

Max Biggavel Senior Member

I'm looking for a quote from Jean Touitou, the founder of APC. I saw it about a month ago online, but didn't remember to copy it - it was posted at a website that also sold APC Jeans.

It was something along the lines of "I started making jeans because I was disgusted by the artificial nature of false washes and distressing." but said much more elegantly.

If anyone knows where this quote can be found, I'd appreciate it!

I read a few interviews with Touitou last night, he seems like a very wise thinker. From his philosophy of design to his work-life balance, I like what I read! I really only knew APC for their denim, but I'm going to check out some of their other clothing designs too.

try reading the original french interviews, he's full of himself

13. mike868y

mike868y Distinguished Member

thanks. Does the inseam shrink at all with a warm soak?

anyone?

14. bob99

bob99 Senior Member

canstyleace, Nomad on Richmond just got a restock in - they carry New Standard and Petit Standard, no Rescues. Holt Renfrew on Bloor also carries the New Cure. They should have a full run of sizes. They're like $195 CAD at the shop, and $165 US plus shipping online. Go, try them on, get your size right, and support the store. Don't be a "tries it on in the store that actually bothered to stock it locally but then orders off the internet" guy [​IMG] And, as you've probably already read in this thread - size down!

15. thebunk

thebunk Senior Member

So, Google banned you?

Jesus man, can you stop being a prick? I know being anonymous on a message board gives you all kinds of power but can you give it a rest for a least a page?